• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Martinique mission Bugged Need Help!!!

Reivag

Landlubber
Hi guys I don't know if this is stills working but I hope so. I started this new game with the mod, so I want to Martinique to talk with the taverner and also with the captain. The first one doesn't give me any option than news and the second one is "muted" so, I'm not able to do anything I would like to continue with this save game cause is the third time that I have started a new game. Thanks, mates.

Which storyline are you playing?

If it's "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and you are trying to find out about the Oiseau (ammunition ship), have you talked to Faust Gasquet yet?

Yes is Tales of a Sea Hawk, and yes I talked to him so when I go to the tavern I only have these two options without any dialogue. In addition, with Gasquet, I can repeat all time the same dialogue lines.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-09-09 173340.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-09-09 173340.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
What does Gasquet say?

There is something odd about that dialog with Antoine Lebretton. It looks like Spanish but I've looked at the Spanish version of his dialog file and I do not see those lines. Which version of the game are you playing?

What does Gasquet say?

There is something odd about that dialog with Antoine Lebretton. It looks like Spanish but I've looked at the Spanish version of his dialog file and I do not see those lines. Which version of the game are you playing?
Where I can look for the version? May I change the base version of the game? Yes, I have a Spanish version of the game, maybe an old one. Antoine does not provide me with anything else. What Gasquet says is in English, but it is related to the location of the civilian captain (at the top of the tavern) and that they are loading supplies for the french.

Edit: Where I could get an "actual" version of the game and could I use my old saved file?

If you are playing Build 14 (which you probably are if you recognise the name "Tales of a Sea Hawk" ;)), there should be a file "compile.log" in the game installation folder. Can you post that? For preference, if you have a saved game from before you arrived at the French port, load that, sail to the port, talk to Faust Gasquet, then talk to Antoine Lebretton, then post "compile.log". It should then show what has been happening in the game.

You can find the links for the current version of Build 14 here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 21st July 2022]

Unfortunately you will not be able to use your old saved file. But the advantage is that there have been a lot of bugs fixed in the more recent version, including some in "Tales of a Sea Hawk". You could start by installing the game again from CD but put it into a different folder from your current game, then install the newest version of Build 14 on that. You will then have both the newest version and your existing version.

The Spanish translation has been improved though it is still far from complete. In particular, I think Faust Gasquet's dialog has still not been translated so he will still speak English.

Ah you mean the version of the mod yes, of course, I have version 14. I have no problem with the language I understand English but he gives me all time the opportunity to repeat the dialogue. There you have if you need something else let me know!!

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 67
That's 14.999, the so-called "Final" version which turned out not to be all that final. But that's the version whose Spanish files I checked. Where did you get your Spanish files and where did you put them?

For the latest version, you just need add this update to your current installation:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_1Jan_updates_210722.zip

Once that's in place, you'll then need to edit "PROGRAM\globals.c". Go to near the bottom of the file and find this line:
Code:
#define IS_SGV                    14.943                // must be a float - use small numbers to keep them sequential for all these updates --> 12.10 is smaller than 12.9!
Change "14.943" to "14.999". The game should then be able to read your saved game.

I get the game from a forum from a guy that uploaded the game from the newspaper, there was a time Spain was incredible hahahaha . So maybe the problem is the base game

That's 14.999, the so-called "Final" version which turned out not to be all that final. But that's the version whose Spanish files I checked. Where did you get your Spanish files and where did you put them?

For the latest version, you just need add this update to your current installation:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_1Jan_updates_210722.zip

Once that's in place, you'll then need to edit "PROGRAM\globals.c". Go to near the bottom of the file and find this line:
Code:
#define IS_SGV                    14.943                // must be a float - use small numbers to keep them sequential for all these updates --> 12.10 is smaller than 12.9!
Change "14.943" to "14.999". The game should then be able to read your saved game.
I found a solution for the moment hahaha, so simple, change the language of the game to english so I will go back to Spanish but this solved the problem

The problem is that there are no dialog lines in Spanish for the Martinique bartender in your installation. This is odd as there should be Spanish dialog for him in the January 2022 installer.

You can put the attached file into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SPANISH". However, if your installation has wrong or missing Spanish file for Antoine Lebretton then it probably has wrong or missing Spanish files for other characters which should be in the installer.

Attachments

• Antoine Lebretton_dialog.h
    16.6 KB · Views: 53
Here it is, In addition, I noticed that there is the same problem on another french island, Guadalupe. It happens the same thing.

Attachments

16.6 KB · Views: 59
That is the same as the file I posted! Also, looking at your "compile.log", it has an error at the end:
Code:
Dialog: Missing dialog file: dialogs\Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c

Look in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS" and see if files "Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c" and "Albin Bonaventure_dialog.c" exist.

That is the same as the file I posted! Also, looking at your "compile.log", it has an error at the end:
Code:
Dialog: Missing dialog file: dialogs\Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c

Look in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS" and see if files "Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c" and "Albin Bonaventure_dialog.c" exist.
Yes both of them exist, in English version and Spanish version also in the standard game file, I mean programs and dialogues

I've had time to try this and can now say that there are problems with the Spanish dialog files for both Antoine Lebretton and Albin Bonaventure. And also a minor but non-fatal mistake in another file for tavern owners in general, which is why your screenshot shows "Estoy buscando un tipo concreto de oficial" without a full stop at the end.

Put these three files into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SPANISH". You should then be able to talk to the tavern owners on both Martinique and Guadeloupe while playing in Spanish.

Attachments

• Albin Bonaventure_dialog.h
    6.9 KB · Views: 65
    16.6 KB · Views: 55
  • tavern.h
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
Back