• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help many newbie questions

grodep

Landlubber
hi, i'm very new to this game but already have many questions:
How am i supposed to use the skillbooks? I've cliked on "equip item" so the book's open and so what? No changes in my attributes nor in my capabilities.
Am i supposed to get any point when leveling up? I'm level 4 by now, and looks like i can't put any point but one in "personal abilities"?
How am i meant to use the quick command "map"? As far as i've seen, the moment i use it, i got 2 ships running on me! Is it meant to be a quicker way of travelling?
Where can i buy powder in high quantities? As i'm very bad at firing, i use many ammos and every time i go to the store i barely can't find any powder! And no powder... no power :(
That's all for the moment, thanks for those who'll answer my questions.

Btw : i play with GoF2

How am i supposed to use the skillbooks? I've cliked on "equip item" so the book's open and so what? No changes in my attributes nor in my capabilities. <----skill books you keep them with you, and your skills increase with battle, sailing, fighting, trading and all that. i only hold 1 book of each skill.

Am i supposed to get any point when leveling up? I'm level 4 by now, and looks like i can't put any point but one in "personal abilities"? <-----those increase like where u click on how many points you need from level 4 to 5, it works that way with personal and ship.

How am i meant to use the quick command "map"? As far as i've seen, the moment i use it, i got 2 ships running on me! Is it meant to be a quicker way of travelling? <----IDK on that one

Where can i buy powder in high quantities? As i'm very bad at firing, i use many ammos and every time i go to the store i barely can't find any powder! And no powder... no power :( <----powder can be found @ stores but the best way to get powder is looting it from the ships you fight and board during sea battles.

hi, and thanks for the quick answer.
Can some one tell me why i have red dots instead of the green ones at the top right of my screen for the cannons? I 've tried to repair my ship, remove/ fix the cannons, but whatever i do, i still have this red alert :(

the red means you have destroyed cannons/culverins, you look @ your ship were you can see your goods/crew, hull/sail damage down @ the bottom it shows your cannons. see screenshot: below. say yours is like mine
i have 16, 4 lbs cannons, if shows below 16 means your cannons are are destroyed, go to shipyard, as "i need cannons" and select your cal. buy replacements, go to fix screen and "fix all". that should repair you cannons, and should be green next time you leave port.
start2012-10-2713-33-47-26.jpg

thanks, that's what i thought, coz it was obvious it meant damaged weapons, unfortunatly,i never managed to figure out how to confirm this and how to fix it. Gonna try now, thanks for the help

Back