• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Making the game feel more... tropical?

Plisken

SCUMM™ Bag
So I've been messing around with the game and I'm trying to find ways to make it look and feel more vibrant. The game doesn't feel colorless, but it doesn't feel as sunny or vivid as I think it should. Comparing just the world maps, I feel like the remake of Sid Meier's Pirates does a better job of getting that bright, vibrant feeling of the Caribbee right, and Risen 2's jungles feel as hot and humid as I'd expect them.

I live in Florida, so maybe it's just a bit of a whole in-comparison thing. I'll bet people who are less familiar with this kind of climate are less picky about it.

Anyway, short of it is, texture modifications, enb settings, whatever -- I want to know if other people have been having the same nitpick and if they'd tell me how they fixed it themselves.

Follow-up question: is there a way to mess with the in-game weather system in the same way some people have messed with the weather system for games like Skyrim, and change the atmosphere to be more hot and humid in that way?

Well you`re wright speially when it is very dark at daytime. I feel more like being in northern part of Norway at the darkest time. In winter, when the light are weak

Yes it is dark. I turn the brightness up to make it look better during the day, but that makes night far too bright.

I guess the Russians just don't understand what the tropics are like. Just look at how over dressed most of the characters are.

i think the game has been made for direct x 9 that's why you don't have that vibrant aspect you get with latest titles . personnally i tried to palliate that lack of brightness with sweetfx app . if you don't know how sweetfx works i recommend that site SweetFX – Bloom | Delightly Linux

here are few i made quickly . it's not easy to get same result as what we get with direct x 11 games , but i think with that sweetfx you can still get pretty good results . just realized i uploaded a lot of screens so click on pic below then browse directly the images in my photobucket album using left arrow (21 pics) , when you reach a real photo (of an arrow) you've reached the end

Back