• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Citizen Dialogs

Antigua? Hmm... probably not. The soldiers there have town-specific dialogs anyway. We can add the directions into that instead.

I'll need a link to the tool where you can look at the textures for the people so that I can assign fitting citizen textures, and I'm sure pretty much anything else I need I can look back to earlier posts on here for help.

See here for the tools: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/Mzn7Jm41-E/Storm engine Utilities
Unfortunately the GM Viewer doesn't work properly for character models anymore these days. Other options:
1. Use the TX Converter to look at the portrait texture files, then find the accompanying models in PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c
2. Convert the texture to TGA and use the TOOL to view them instead

bah! let me try the GM viewer anyways, I have a feeling you all messed it up somehow. :rumgone

Dialogue? Dialogue? Dialogue! I want to help, but I'm like a child too eager. :bounce

Can someone show me where to go read-up on dialoguing? I've been away from modding anything related to POTC for way too long.

P.S.
I haven't even been up to date with all the new changes. I'll go play the game now for a few hours, see how it feels. I'll come back here trying to learn how to do dialogues. When/if I'm able, I've got something nice in mind.

okay, but I get grand cayman, already started a little work on that.

Just for clarity's sake, these are the non-stock towns, along with notes on their status:

Charlestown, Nevis - AoP single location with fairly clear sign-age: low priority
Port au Prince, Hispaniola
Tortuga, Hispaniola - AoP single location with fairly clear sign-age: low priority
Buccaneers Camp, Hispaniola - Small location used mainly in quests
Grand Turk, Turks
Santo Domingo, Hispaniola
Grand Cayman, Cayman - WIP by tommy61157
Havana, Cuba
Santiago, Cuba
Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe - AoP single location with fairly clear sign-age: low priority
Marigot, Saint Martin
Philipsburg, Saint Martin
St. John's, Antigua - Soldiers only who do provide directions
Willemstad, Curacao
Governor's Harbor, Eleuthera - Done by tommy61157
Alice Town, Eleuthera - Done by tommy61157
Oranjestad, Aruba

Alright, this weekend has been a little weird, BUT, next weekend should be completely open, most of the work is going to be done then for cayman, pieter, try to be on the forums then in case I have questions.

I'll be around as much as I can. Next weekend I'll still be on "holiday" though.

well, stop by if you can then I guess, where are you going for holiday?

Not far. Not intentionally either; just have no choice but to go with me parents. :facepalm

Am I looking right for this files here ->PROGRAM/DIALOGS/ENGLISH ? and then e.g. Charlestown_citizen_dialog.h?
If I am right I can simply copy a dialog file from a city and then change the name to the colony for which this new dialog is for and then correct the way-description?

Yep, that's just about it. As long as you copy the PROGRAM/DIALOGS .c file too.

And there will need to be some new character init entries so there will be some characters who use this. But that is hardly more complicated. ;)

It'd be GREAT if you want to work on this!! :woot

Back