• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Make sailes oh-arrgh

Nightshift

Powder Monkey
Hi, I know this is probably more PotC general, but since Build adds alot of sounds, speeches etc, it might:

Whats the file for the lower/raise sails voice it's really starting to get on my nerves and I would like to replace it with something more subtle (if anybody has anything good at hand I'll be glad to give that a try!).

Kinda strikes me that I haven't found anything on the forum - can't imagine I'm the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely..

Arrrrgh! Strike 'em down!

(Or is there even a soundpack which is less Pirrrrate and a bit more first officer style?)

The files are in RESOURCE\Sounds\OBJECTS\SHIPCHARGE . I think the one you're looking for is "_set_up.wav" .
If I recall, these sounds came from the original Sea Dogs game. If you find other sounds, feel free to post them here; maybe we can put them to use?

You're not alone; I also find those voices a bit in-your-face, at times.
Personally, I'd prefer it if we could modify the files to make them sound like a crew member on the ship is saying them, rather than this mysterious pirate that sounds like he's right next to me. :cool
At least lowering the volume would be nice, but also adding a subtle echo might make it more realistic.

I've seen a sound ini where you can change volumes pretty specific I think didn't look too much into it since I just started to play and only do the most pressing issues..
Will start looking for a different sound a bit know.

This has gotten on my nerves as well... back years ago I just deleted the files, but since I have reinstalled the Build mod I guess I'll need to get rid of them again!

Ok, I was afraid just deleting them could produce the game to crash or whatever. Good to know.

Since I couldn't find any usable outtakes (didn't want to watch all the Defiant, Bounty etc. movies now) I just edited them a bit. Tuning the "set sail" down, cut off a bit and made it faster. As for strike down, I just deleted the content, since I couldn't find any part of it not being annoying even by itself (tried to take just the "aye" at the end but it just doesn't fit).

Until I find a better solution..

Keep in mind that I created that "workaround" probably 4-5 years ago so I'm not sure if it's still viable!

Keep in mind that I created that "workaround" probably 4-5 years ago so I'm not sure if it's still viable!
Ok where? because the files I created work only for the first minutes ingame. After that the sounds of the sails! are completely off somehow. Don't know why. For now I just deleted them and it works.

By the way I've seen whistle-sounds like the "Captain on board"-style are they working only in certain quests? Because I'm on the Master and Commander thing right now and I know it's not really scripted or anything. I haven't heard them on the other characters as well, yet.

Off topic: is it possible to change the time scale to let's say two hours for every day instead of one ?

->found the cccdirectsail will try to enlarge distance for random encounters, time scale and island distance. all help appreciated though

The whistle sound is used in the Hornblower storyline.

For changed timescale, find the Open Sea mod v02.2 .

The whistle sound is used in the Hornblower storyline.

For changed timescale, find the Open Sea mod v02.2 .

Just found the thread, I'll guess I'll browse through the forum more thoroughly before asking any questions allready solved long ago ;)

Yep, pretty much covered everything I was longing for!! Thanks alot!!

(...) If you find other sounds, feel free to post them here; maybe we can put them to use?

Tried searching in a couple of films, unfortunatly you allways have background music. Stumbled across "Blackbeard - Terror of the high seas" wich you can watch on youtube. Not bad in my opinion.

Back