• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mafia 2

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone else played the demo yet? It's like GTA4, better graphics and in the 50's.

I hope there will be a strong mod community for this one.

I pre purchased already, gald I like it :)

Just downloaded the demo now - have to give it a go. :yes Most looking forwards to the cars, just like the original. I was surprised as heck to find a great story buried in the first one.

Edit: Just finished the first play-through. It's like meeting up with an old friend. :onya Definite buy for me, provided a store here actually gets it in. xD:

I got mine through Steam.

I agree about the story, It's pretty rare for me to care too much about what's going on but I really did like how the first one went.

I'm pretty happy they made the world alot more realistic now like smashing into cars and people now does something. From memory you could not know a car off the road in the first one.

I'd go through Steam too, but I like my hard copies too much to give them up. xD:

What little of the story is in the demo looks pretty good. Did you wander around the house at all before getting in the car at the start? You can run the taps in the kitchen! :woot Wonder what else you can interact with?

Yeah, there wasn't much interacting with the environment in the original. The only real damage I remember causing is after I got this tank-like car with a cow-catcher bolted on the front. :cheeky That, and attempting to steal a delivery truck from this giant black guy with a baseball bat - that was interesting. :no

Some "unofficial" screenies from around the web:

mafia22010-08-1011-19-pcle.jpg

14098199.jpg

jacket2nrud.jpg

sBewJ.jpg

Great game. But completion happens MUCH faster than I expected.

Cap'n Drow

This game is even better than that rotten GTA IV! :woot I'm still playing the Mafia II.. currently at chapter 12.

SHORT!?! What the heck Cap'n Drow? I've played Dark Void.. now THAT was short.. just some 3 chapters :modding and a sad ending. :facepalm xD: I hope Mafia II ends happily. :?

I really like the cars in Mafia II and the graphics and physics are just mind blowing! I like how the raincoat on Vito moves when walking and stopping from walking or running.. no clipping at all! Really neat I gotta say! :8q

I can post a few pics if ye want! :doff
My favorite car in that game is Jefferson Provincial and my favorite gun is that Tommy Gun.. just spray and pray. :cheeky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun

The original Mafia is supposed to be a lot longer than this one. :yes

Post some pics! I'm still debating getting myself a copy after what happened with Just Cause 2 - I don't feel like throwing away another fifty bucks on a dud. The demo works great, but it sounds like the whole game BSODs continuously for some folks.

It BSODs? :blink: Man I've only got one crash with that game and no BSOD. xD: I think those guys who get BSOD have older computers because Mafia II has even more advanced graphics than GTA IV did but then again.. Mafia II doesn't lag like GTA IV does.
In fact it doesn't lag at all just sometimes slightly hardly a pain in the arse. :shrug

Oh man.. pics.. I don't know where to start.. which angle and all that.. well.. be prepared for a picture overload. xD: I'll be posting some pics of my favorite car.

What_the_cutscene_Mafia_II.jpg

This is what's going on:
Shooting1_Mafia_II.jpg

Appearantly some bastards betrayed us and Henry is dead.. killed brutally with butter knives. :eww xD:

I just finished the game today, it was awesome :onya Now I can work on some mods before I start a new playthrough. I'm trying to get all the magazines.

I just finished the game today, it was awesome :onya Now I can work on some mods before I start a new playthrough. I'm trying to get all the magazines.

What mods? I've been searching for them and nothing so far.. :blink: by the way I too started that game again. xD:

...Let the good time roll... 8)

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1283816773' post='378631']
Thanks for the naked girls. :cheeky
[/quote]
sounds like a new siggy coming to the market. :woot

I finished it a few days ago, I would like to see an expansion which had Henry as the main character, I thought he was pretty damn cool.

Like most, I'm a bit pissed they they raped the game for DLC value though. But in saying that I did have fun and was most upset at
finding Henry getting sliced up :shock

Back