• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Lowmen crew on sea

BrAdriano

Sailor Apprentice
Anyway to increase the amount of the lowmen crew when travelling on sea?And increasing a little bit the scale of the ships?

Resizing every ship in the game is such a huge task regardless of technical difficulty that it cannot be done.
What we did in the past to simulate the same effect is to decrease the size of the lowmen.
That has already been done a long time ago and they appear much better now than they used to.

As for the amount, I think those are set by the actual ship walk files per ship. I am not entirely sure how to increase the number, but I think it can be done.
However, it still has to be done for each ship separately, which makes it a lot of work, so again I'm not sure if it is worth the trouble.
Still.... If you are willing to figure it out, by all means do so! We do have information on ship walk files on the forum that we can point you to. :doff

Those won't help much for increasing the number of men on deck at once. I think that must be a value set in a global file somewhere.

Is it? It's different per ship though, right? Never did run into any such value. Maybe calculated by the game engine based on ship size? Somehow?

Maybe it's a constant ratio that takes the ships' actual crew into account. I had a quick look but can't find anything obvious, yet.
All I know is, the walk files have nothing to do with it.

The number of points? I'm not so sure. In the Constitution file, for example, there are 61 points, and definitely not 61 crew wondering around on deck. :shrug
It wouldn't really make sense either, as you could have a tiny ship with lots of points and far too many crew on deck at once.

I gonna try changing then,but is there someway to make those guys stop walking around and stay near the cannons?

Back