• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lots of Questions

cbb018

Sailor Apprentice
Hello been playing POTC now for a week and and like it much even though it crashes often. I installed the mod 13 cause I have read that on the original game its not open ended. Here are some of my questions. Thanks in advance!

1) In Mod 13 is the main quest just that of the original? No other main quests?
2) I have seen pics of ships in the forum that have different textures, is texturing just for advance players or can it be easily done even by a newbie?
3) I also noticed that their ships have a lot of ropes in my game just the ones holding the mast.
4) What is "New Horizons"? another mod ?
5) Once I finish the main quest after the one with the black pearl will i still be able to continue the game?
6) I want to know more what is inside build mod 13 (eg. what ships are included , all the details about it) I have seen a link of it before but have trouble looking for it again.
7) Hmm hove can i ransack a colony?

Thanks for those who will answer. This game is old and most of the links about it is already inactive but i still like it even though i have tried the AOP2.

Welcome to the forum

Here are answers to some of your questions:-

1) No other main quests - just the side quests from the original game
2) Any body can do it have a look in the Tutorials section of Build Alpha & Brainstorming
3) Lots of the ships have been improved in the more recent versions of the mod ( Build 14 )
4) New Horizons is the title of the Build Mod - so you are playing New Horizons Build 13
5) Yes - the original game ended there - the mod enables you to continue as freeplay, there is no more story.
6)Have a look in the various folders of the game - each ship has its own folder in Resources \ models \ ships
7) There is a bug with ransacking a colony - I can't remember if it was working in Build 13 - in Build 14 it is bugged.

Once you have finished playing Build 13 - give Build 14 a try it is just as stable in my experience - has lots more ships - and 5 more main quests to try.

:drunk

1. There is an added sidequest with Fred Bob.
4. We renamed "Build 14" to "New Horizons" to give it a bit more of an interesting name; it's Build 13 with more stuff, basicaly, but not 100% finished. Generally quite playable though...
6. Check the "buildinfo" folder for some information.
7. Build 13: Ransack you can by attacking the fort, then "boarding" it. You cannot capture the colony.
Build 14: You can capture the colony, but the feature is not finished and bugged for several towns. :facepalm

Back