• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug lost my name!

Marius

Powder Monkey
Hi everyone!

i dont know if this had happened to someone before, but i lost my character name! i mean, was changed.

First, iam playing as Peter Blood, then i was in Port Royal, ready for my first engagement against the flying dutchman (all my ships, officers, money, etc, already saved in Port Royal).

Well, in the battle with the flying dutchman i was sunk, of course, then i was tossed in some shore of Saint Martin island.

when i was able to get to the tavern of Marigo, the people called me Gerry Longman... wtf! my name is Peter Blood... i opened the character sheet, and indeed, the character name was changed.... :mad: ... even when i was back to Port Royal in a little boat (just like jack sparrow used to do lol), and recovered my ships, my officers, the moneylender, even Morgan, every one were calling me Gerry Longman! :8q

Is this part of the quest? or posible a bug?

Tonight i will reload before my engagement with the flying dutchman to see if this happend again....

Same thing happened to me long time ago. My Ian Stance was renamed to Barber Belts. And it also happened after FD attack. So you' re not alone. But after it I played Dutchman quest couple time and all was ok.

thanks for your reply!

Well, i guess it could be a bug... i was thinking that could be part of the quest, memory lost or something like that, but i dont think the quest can be so detailed.... there is not other solution than reload before the fight with FD and see what happend... hope to keep my name, lol... or what else would happend? lol

The Flying Dutchman is a cursed ship for real! hehehehe

Back