• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Lost money from Tortuga

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Lost money from Tortuga. 9 millions.

Shame on Akella and shame on the frogs! :walkplank

May be it is time for a cheat.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Yeah, that happened to me as well but I do not even have that much, just 500K from a colony being captured.
Bummer.

No idea how it happen.

May be a siege... but Tortuga is a capital colony and I've not seen any messages. Anyway, I've lost money from other colony (Antigua or Nevis) and have never seen a message.

With Tortuga it is like... mmmbsbsbs... 15 millions so far.

Loosing truckloads of money without any chance to protect or recover it is not fair. We need to make some changes here, but I have not a clear model in mind.

May be razing a town to get part (70%...90%) of the money back without worsening the relations (we are acting in self-defence, we are not?), or kidnapping the Governor daugther/son from some colony to ask the money back in exchange, or having the enemy Governor giving us an special mission in exchange for the money.

I think I like the second and third better.

Cheers.
buho (A).

No pirate in his right mind would sack a town then leave 9 million piasters because the chest says "Property of Buho" xD:

Hmm..You borrow money to moneylender, town gets looted by a faction, and moneylender looses his possesions including your money. Is that how things happen? if so:

When lending money to mr.goodintrestratesaveingsman you have an option to pay him little extra juice and ask him to stash your money in secret location. And after the town has been looted, you ask him to give you your money back, but he says that the town has been looted and he lost everything, and now he wants you to give him a certain precentage of gold from your saveings.

just happened to me.
the port royale dude lost 200 000, i went to him to , like, run him through a bit...
nothing to do.
Maybe it is because i am french...
french bankers never lost any of my stashed stuff. (currently 11 million total in 4 different ports)
(knock on wood)

a reprisal raid would be a welcome option.
or cut his throat without consequences, then loot his bank.

All I can think of is either,
  1. Memory leak or something in the game code.
  2. The colony got sacked by pirates, the only way to find out though is if you go to taverns for rumors. Although if it happend a long time ago, you might not be able to find out.

Back