• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Little brainstorm...

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Help me little brainstorm... Just some thots...

If there would be posibilitye to change clothes for the main character... In exchange of armor... What clothes you think of first? What should they doo?

(and skip the soldier uniforms... I'm smart enought to figure this out my self :rolleyes: )

Note: This topic is more research type, than brainstorming... No "other" guarantyes than information gathering...

---------

1. Nation Uniform
    Would give higher chance of sneak thro un-friendly city. With luck 10 you could walk around the city and no soldier will start dialog by him self to compromise you...
    Enemys of the nation you're wearing would attack you on sight...
  2. Merchant
    All merchants will have bussiness with you like you would have merchantship-10.
    If you fail calculation test (with luck involved), merchant will understand, that you'll trying to trick him and "don't have any bussiness" with you for a month (street merchants too).
  3. Aristocrat
    While wearing this you can walk everywhere and be highest reputation (good for Pirate reputation owners)
    At fight the soldiers will help him

There is posibilitye of fail (involvig luck). Reconniced as Pirate... Soldiers attack... and ect...
    alot more experienced and strong mercenaries will try to kill him.
  4. Beggar
    You can beg some coint from citizens. And robbers won't try to rob you (dialog still open, but they'll let you pass)
    Sometimes in fight, the random one or two people will help.

There is chance, that if you'll try to "beg" some coint from soldier or other "tought" guy, he'll try to "play" with you (with sword I mean). There is also chance (involving luck) that robers at the jungle will also want to "play" with you a little.
    The players health will always(while wearing the "suit") be 3/4
  5. Doktor
    Health raised by 1/3 and health recovers faster. Gets a discount at Apothecaries.
    Cannot go the Tavern because it will blow the cover.
  6. Priest
    No one will try to kill/rob but "crooked" (random people, can be store owners and etc) people will most likely reconise you because well, you won't try to correct them hahaha!!

1. Beggar/Common Sailor
2. Captain
3. Aristocrat
4. Pirate?
5. Merchant
6. Doctor
OK, but what should be ups and downs? Why every of them should be worth replacing armor? Why someone would like to wear one and don't like to wear the other? Some special features?

Ok, for research purposes.
I wear two outfits because of the weather. In the winter months when it is rainy and stormy I wear a Barbossa style outfit with a large hat and long coat. In the summer I wear a lighter outfit, but still with a hat, because of the sun and the heat. I spent a year in the tropics once and that is what we wore there.

Are we talking gameplay-wise here?
I think it's nice if your look corresponds with the way you play, for one thing.
For example, you start out as a fairly plain character and when you go navy, you'll get a uniform,
if you go pirate, you look like one, etc.

And then we get into the whole thing of disguises as well.

Well I don't think that everyone will want to change their clothes according to the month manually, so maybe we could do it automaticly :nk

About the "joining the navy, getting uniform", its allready there.. At some levels you get a uniform according to the nation you got a new rank at. Concerning the piraty outfit, we allready have ones and we wear em'. :eek:k

Maybe we can add somthing like - Hey, here is A Drop O' Rum(I know, I know, unoriginal hahaha! greedy pirate) give me your clothes.

My thots:
  1. Nation Uniform
    Would give higher chance of sneak thro un-friendly city. With luck 10 you could walk around the city and no soldier will start dialog by him self to compromise you...
  2. Merchant
    If you fail calculation test (with luck involved), merchant will understand, that you'll trying to trick him and "don't have any bussiness" with you for a month (street merchants too).
  3. Aristocrat
    While wearing this you can walk everywhere and be highest reputation (good for Pirate reputation owners)
    There is posibilitye of fail (involvig luck). Reconniced as Pirate... Soldiers attack... and ect...
  4. Beggar[/b]
    You can beg some coint from citizens. And robbers won't try to rob you (dialog still open, but they'll let you pass)
    There is chance, that if you'll try to "beg" some coint from soldier or other "tought" guy, he'll try to "play" with you (with sword I mean). There is also chance (involving luck) that robers at the jungle will also want to "play" with you a little.
Afcource all will have one penalty, you can't wear armor.

Captain? Pirate? Doktor? Priest? Any more ideas?

My thots:
  1. Nation Uniform
  2. Merchant
  3. Aristocrat
  4. Beggar[/b]
Afcource all will have one penalty, you can't wear armor.

Captain? Pirate? Doktor? Priest? Any more ideas?

How about the merchant, he could get bigger loans with more time to get them back and less intrest but, alot more thives will try to rob him.

Aristocrat - maybe at fight the soldiers will help him, but alot more experienced and strong mercenaries will try to kill him.

Beggar - the players health will always(while wearing the "suit") be 3/4 but sometimes in fight, the random one or two people will help.

Captain.. I don't really understand it, we ARE captains, except most of the game poor Hornblower, so what other uniform could we wear?

Doktor - health raised by 1/3 and health recovers faster, but cannot go the Tavern because it will blow the cover. Oh and gets a discount at Apothecaries.

Priest - no one will try to kill/rob but "crooked" (random people, can be store owners and etc) people will most likely reconise you because well, you won't try to correct them hahaha!! :slap

Sounds like fun! I definitly like the idea that your outfit actually does something for gameplay.

Hey, how is that swamp of yours doing? I just made one of my own by flooding a location and changing the water colour there.
See the Build Alpha & Brainstorming forum.

Swamp? Is.. ehm... Idling...

Not long ago I've managed to find the way akkella does putside locations... And for that reason I had to delete all "land" parts from the model... From then I can't force my self to re-do land parts ... :urgh

Continuing on topic: I'll gather information in first post...

Anyone more ideas?

I knew somthing felt wrong with "doktor", its - doccccctor, why didn't anyone, American or English didn't correct us?? HAHA I fill dumm.. :b:

So, I don't think there are more ideas, good ones anyway, so lets try to execute them. If you need any help, let me know.

In American political forums correcting grammar is a cheap shot. A way to get an easy dig in to your opponent. It is not considered a polite thing to do. In an international forum like this one spelling mistakes are very common and as long as the basic idea gets across I don't think anyone is concerned.
If you don't mind your spelling errors being corrected, then it can be done. ;) Let us see how this works out. :? English is a young language that is a stew of other languages all mixed together, so often does not make sense.

"somthing" = "something" "fill" = "feel"

Yes I understand but, since I was little I have been learning English, from my English school teacher, who is infact my grandmother HAHA... But mostly from computer RPG games where you need to read alot, like PotC.

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1283119125' post='377814']
Yes I understand but, since I was little I have been learning English, from my English school teacher, who is infact my grandmother HAHA... But mostly from computer RPG games where you need to read alot, like PotC.
[/quote]

Ain't we all, mate, ain't we all!.. :cheers

Back