• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

List of PotBS Vessels

SeaNorris.

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Here is a list of vessels from PotBS that we have permission to use:

Alex (LiMuBeI):
Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde (Alexander 4th Rate) -- Converted by Damski and Pgargon

Elessaria:
Sakoleva "Alecto" (10 guns and a bow chaser).
Xebec "Arcadia" (22 main guns, 4 quarter guns, 2 stern chasers and 2 bow chasers).

Jabberdau (Jack Harrison contacted Jabberdau for these).
Raa Frigate -- converted by Jack Harrison & Craiggo
Poseidon 3rd rate -- converted by Jack Harrison

James Rosenkranz:
Prince 1st Rate

Kris Wood:
Centurion 4th rate (60 guns).
La Dilligente tartane (4 guns) -- Converted by Rider88.
Lyon Hoy -- Converted by Rider88.
Medway Longboat.

Remus77:
Postillionen (20gun Corvette).
San Fernando (Spanish 4th Rate).
Christianus Sixtus (Trinity 2nd Rate).
Unicorn Frigate (Remus stated as one of his best, not implemented in PotBS).

Sisko:
St Albans 4th Rate (60guns).

Stefan (Steve-O):
De Zeven Provinciën (not fully completed)
Christianborg (Status unknown)

Any mistakes let me know.

I will also edit the list as they are converted and add more if/when we get them as I am still emailing other PotBS Ship modelers. ;)

Regards,

Good idea; we can keep track too of which ones have been included in both the PotC and CoAS modpacks.

Remus77's Unicorn frigate; that is NOT the same as Pgargon's HMS_Unicorn_1.01/HMS_Unicorn_38Guns_1.01, right?

Alex (LiMuBeI):
Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde (Alexander 4th Rate) -- Converted by Damski and Pgargon - Being adapted for PotC by Hylie Pistof; almost completed

Jabberdau (Jack Harrison contacted Jabberdau for these).
Raa Frigate -- converted by Jack Harrison & Craiggo - Still to do
Poseidon 3rd rate -- converted by Jack Harrison - Adapted for PotC by Craiggo and Armada, included in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6

Kris Wood:
La Dilligente tartane (4 guns) -- Converted by Rider88 - Still to do
Lyon Hoy -- Converted by Rider88 - Adapted for PotC by Hylie Pistof, included in my game for Build 14 Beta 2

It's an impressive list, that's for sure! Many thanks again, SeaNorris, for contacting these modellers in the first place. :bow
Somehow I feel exhausted just look at all those ships... probably because I know how much work needs to be done to fully adapt them to PotC and CoAS.

Oh, and Pieter, I thought it was Craiggo and I who ported the Poseidon, once Jack acquired her... :wp

Fixed. Sorry 'bout that. I'm quite losing track of everything that's going on with the ships these days. :facepalm

St Albans 4th Rate? I've never actually heard of this one. :shock

Was she a WiP or something?

Awsome conquest list SeaNorris.

May you continue to expand that list. :doff

Also the talented Pgargon has nailed a few PotBS ships from scratch.

Pgargon's covered PotBS ships are the following.

San Felipe (Invincible 1st rate)
Le Couronne (Couronne Galleon)
Unicorn1 (Defiant/Deliverance/Mercy Frigate)
Dutch Pinnace1 (Locust Corvette)

Remus77's Unicorn frigate; that is NOT the same as Pgargon's HMS_Unicorn_1.01/HMS_Unicorn_38Guns_1.01, right?

Its based on the same ship but obviously not the same model, I managed to take a peek in Maya and she looks well detailed so would make a good alternative version.

Armada said:
Somehow I feel exhausted just look at all those ships... probably because I know how much work needs to be done to fully adapt them to PotC and CoAS.

I would be willing to learn the conversion process myself, but as I have no idea how to use Maya an up to date tutorial would be useful from those who know what to do. This would probably allow others to also have a go at it as well depending on how complex it is of course. I would also like to thank all the individuals that carry out conversion of ship models as I know it is not a simple task. :doff

Regards,

St Albans 4th Rate? I've never actually heard of this one. :shock

Was she a WiP or something?

The St Albans was not long ago finished by Sisko and is as of yet not implemented into PotBS but here is the thread on her: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4520

Regards,

The St Albans was not long ago finished by Sisko and is as of yet not implemented into PotBS but here is the thread on her: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4520

Regards,

Hey!

I Know!

FLS hasn't released the St Albans on PotBS yet?

I say we beat those devils to it and launch ours before they launch theirs (after we launch our awsome Trinity first :cheeky )!

That would be brilliant if we could, but all the modellers are busy at the moment, as far as I know.
I think after Beta 2's release, I seriously need to get going on writing a tutorial for importing ships with Maya. We need more people on the job! :dance

Could you also include a section covering Maya installing and operating basics as well as I couldn't even figure out the basics.
I also suspect I may have not installed everything right when I tried.

My roommate also didn't help much by telling me not to trust Youtube Maya tutorials.

All in all I don't know what the heck I did wrong when I made my Ill-fated attempt to convert the CS/Trinity myself as the ship didn't even show up, even after I did the Hex editor version adjustment.

If I could figure out how to properly use Maya (or if I even installed it properly) I'd certainly try my hand at ship converting again.

Good point, I hadn't thought about installation. I think there's a tutorial around here somewhere, so I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

You were told not to trust YouTube tutorials? What's not to trust? Maya is just a 3D modelling program! :?
I'm sure I recall watching a few pretty good videos a while ago, probably just to get to grips with how to use the basics.
I found that really useful for building confidence, so I'll try to find the videos sometime.
There's also a brilliant texturing tutorial, which is a step by step guide (not a video), that I need to find again, too.

Every little bit helps (I'll definatly need that texturing tutorial too).

My ONLY experience I had with ANY kind of 3D modeling program was with a 10 day trial version of milkshape3D a few years ago.

And I only succeeded In making a not-so-great looking attempt at a Star Wars-ish space vessel (mesh only) (no hardpoints) badly textured with it. :facepalm

So try to bear with me if im a little bit intimidated by far more complex sailing ships (especially the rigging :shock ).

I REALLY don't know the ropes. :shrug

But I'll try anyway (if I can).

I REALLY don't know the ropes. :shrug
LOL. Ironically, the ropes aren't covered in the model conversion process in Maya. They're added later by someone like Craiggo or Hylie Pistof, using the TOOL. ;)
The only parts you'll ever need to worry about are the hull, masts (and sometimes yards) and walk path. The yards can often be taken from existing ships, though.

Back