• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Light East Indiaman

L0M3N

Sailor
Why is this ship a class 7?
It holds 4000 cargo, has 30 someodd cannons
i think it has 6000 hp if i recall correctly.
It holds 300 crew i think.
I don't get it.

edit* It only says class 7 in 3d sailing mode.
In shipyard menu and the players ship menu it
says it's class 3.

also this is patch 5 I'm playing.

Yeah, in the shipyard, it says the ships are higher level then they really are so they can't sell you things above what would be a class 3 in sailing mode.

also why is a light frigate 3 knots faster than a corvette?
I thought corvettes were faster and frigates had more guns and hp.

I don't know the exact dynamics on that, sorry :shrug

light frigates ARE corvettes. i do think that the level on some merchant vessels is really odd though.

The ratings for some ships have changed over the years and some of the interfaces have not been updated, as you noted. The light East Indiaman is a class 3 balanced ship that can fight and carry cargo. But the walk file is messed up and it has no crew, plus it is guilty of creating bad Graphic Anomalies. I hate the thing. :walkplank

Yes, the light frigates are also called corvettes. Each ship in the class is a little different. This on will have a stronger hull and that one is faster. The other one has a bigger crew and this one here will carry more ammo and food. :sail

i did notice one ship that was actually called a corvette though. it looks completely different from the light frigates, but is somehow lumped in with them in the shipyard's paintjobs for those ships. i haven't dared trying it out.

Oh that's a cool ship! But it doesn't have bow chasers. You can get it just by changing your paint job, but be aware that its stats will change over time until they are correct for that ship, and when you get another paint job the stats won't change back instantly.

There is a similar class 6 corvette too. I have it in my fleet now. 22 - 18 pounders and 125 crew.:sail

interesting. so do it's stats change gradually, or in the next hour change? i'm inclined to think the latter, since that's exactly what happens when you swap ships at sea. you can do some really nifty stuff with that. say hello to my manaschooner.

how's the stats for that corvette though? does it compete with my pirate corvette? and what about the upgrades, do those stick around? i know they do for same-ship repaints, but i'm not so sure about this one.

I really don't remember all of the details. The main thing I remember is that it has 2 less cannons than the others. I only check the stats in a shipyard, so in the time it takes to travel to another island the stats do change.

I believe the upgrades and stats stay the same.

I just looked on the chart and it has slightly less crew and cargo space, and costs a bit less.

Stats could change when you repaint a ship (because repaint = free ship swap), but they shouldn't change AGAIN after that. That's just weird.

Yeah, that happened to me once too when I got a repaint, I just kinda forgot about it though since it didn't happen again...:mm

Here is an easy experiment. Capture or buy a class 6 light fluyt. Go to a shipwright and repaint it. There will be 4 choices and on the far right there will be a class 4 fluyt. Choose that one. Then see if your crew size goes from 40 to 100, it gets more and bigger cannons, and its cargo capacity goes from 1700 to 4500.

Back