• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Life... or something like it.

Le_Diable

Litterate pirate
So, while we're waiting of the new pirate games, life in here is getting kinda slow... How about posting reviews of the ol' ones? I'm sure there are plenty I know not of and would sure love to!

Anyone has a review to offer?

Ok: Heres my review of POTC.

Comp: "ok with NK's Build"
XboX: "Why did you even bother" :blah:

well I did pull out my old copy of Ages of Sail2 I played it for about half an hour and realised how much that game really sucked compared to Seadogs and POTC so I guess I will wait for the new build :blah:

the problem is that even with a new build, POTC is already an "old" game.
I have played it so much, that honestly, there is no fun anymore :blah::
I need something REALLY new.

The real unfortunate part is POTBS is goin to be an internet only game. Which I don't mind, but that means were goin have to pay for it :blah:

Yeah, but this is on "most likely" a monthly rate. :blah:

hehe... about what? that you have to pay? if you buy a single player game you still pay :)

Here is the reason WHY MMORPG are on monthly billing:

-Well, you gotta pay the game. The development wasn't free :p

-You need a staff permanently online to make sure the game runs smoothly, otherwise your customer service sucks, and you die. These people need to be paid... especially after the game hits the shelves!

-The servers. They need to buy huge mofo machines, servers and crazy connections to keep the game alive, as the game server is not on YOUR computer.

Example: You play Diablo 2 on the net. You start your own game and I decide to join you. The server is created on YOUR computer, and I log on to YOUR computer to play with you, meaning Blizzard does not need any servers, so they don't charge monthly fees :)

-Also the staff keeps making new updates, options, functionnalities to keep the game fresh and interesting month after month... and they need to get paid :p

So I don't see it as bad... :)

I do agree with you, but that does not mean I have to accept it. :):

a single player game or even a normal multiplayer game's cost is 30 to 40 €.
After 3 months of playing it is still 30 to 40 €.
Same after 6 months, 1 year, 3 years ....

For the MMORPG, (with a base of 15€/month)
your game's price is already 90€ after 6 months !
after 2 years, you have spent 360€ on the game! :x

BIG LOL.

:)

Drakson with the very convincing numbers. He gets his points across. But the horrible part is he's right :!: :x

Will be interesting thourgh when POTBS comes out, even knowing the number of how much more you are spending it will be interesting if anyone here plays potbs, as i to dont want to pay a monthly fee but it looks so damm good!

Will anybody play it??? Cause I probably won't.

same here.
As a game, it will probably be good. Yes probably, but sorry .... I will not put so much money in .... a game :)

Back