• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Interface fixes

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
This was still on my pc from earlier. This mod will (for now) change the character screen to give you more info. If you right click on a skill you can see what influences it.
skillshow.png
If the thing which influences the skill is hidden it wont show it
skillhidden.png
And if you right click the portrait you can also see what influences your health
healthshow.png

I believe this should all just work but please test it. Included is a zipfile, you can extract it in the POTC root folder (it's only tested with the may 19th release from this post) and it should instantly work. If you had HP buffs or nerfs already they wont show but new ones will.

If you use this mod with one of my other released mods please check if files overlap and if so use a program like winmerge to make sure everything is included

Attachments

• Interface fixes.zip
    102.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
@Grey Roger did you take a look at this one too? I think this is also just a nice addition to give the player some more info. I am also thinking about (later) adding some info about the max damage you could do now, so you could get more info about different weapons etc. But haven't figured out completly yet if I want that and if so how it should be shown without it being just to many numbers and to much clicking.

You can already see that you're getting a bonus on your stats. Equipment descriptions show the bonuses they give where appropriate. So I'd rather not include this one.

You can already see that you're getting a bonus on your stats. Equipment descriptions show the bonuses they give where appropriate. So I'd rather not include this one.
why not?
The tooltip was there already and this is just a nice summary view. sometimes it's hard to find which item does what and you have to browse trough them, this makes that easier. Also showing which things buffed or debuffed your health is now something which is only shown in a log message, so this will give that info too.
There are also other things then items buffing your stats sometimes and this shows that too.

I also think that especially for newer players this could help. if you starting a new free play game and you get some random items you might get some buff items already, this instantly shows you that you got stat gaines, or if you plunder a ship and just take all from chests this will give you a easier view as to what buffed or debuffed you.

I second that question.
Unless this feature really doesn't work right, it absolutely does look like nice functionality to me!
I like having overviews. And the Inventory scroll doesn't count as an overview in my book...

Back