• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Cannonball Hits Slow Down Game

On second though, there appears to be an ERROR with that code!
'int cexp' and 'int aexp' are defined inside an if-statement, but used later outside it.
Which means that it is possible to reference those variables without them being initialized first.

Also, they are always either '500' or '100', so that check isn't necessary.
I think effectively this would do the same thing:
Code:
     if (bSeriousBoom)
     {
       [...]
       Ship_AddDelayedCumXP(GetCharacter(iBallCharacterIndex), "Cannons", 500); //Levis
       Ship_AddDelayedCumXP(GetCharacter(iBallCharacterIndex), "Accuracy", 500); //Levis
     }
     else
     {
       [...]
       Ship_AddDelayedCumXP(GetCharacter(iBallCharacterIndex), "Cannons", 100); //Levis
       Ship_AddDelayedCumXP(GetCharacter(iBallCharacterIndex), "Accuracy", 100); //Levis
     }
     [...]
   }
If it is meant to do something other than that, please double-check that section of coding.... :oops:

@Pieter Boelen could you change them back to the actual ship)AddDelayedCumXP call and just add the numbers there?
Because it uses an other system now it doesn't matter anymore.

@Pieter Boelen I had a few minutes so here it is:
Thanks for that! I didn't quite understand your last post, but that file proves you did indeed had the same idea that I did. :onya

This may also have been the reason for that "strange XP gain" that you couldn't seem to replicate.
So as far as I'm concerned, you can consider that one "Fixed" as well unless someone reports it again with this new version as well.

Thanks for that! I didn't quite understand your last post, but that file proves you did indeed had the same idea that I did. :onya

This may also have been the reason for that "strange XP gain" that you couldn't seem to replicate.
So as far as I'm concerned, you can consider that one "Fixed" as well unless someone reports it again with this new version as well.
Might be indeed...

It would be good though to see what happens when firing with 1st class ships. Unfortunately, I don't own one at the moment, but with my 72 guns 3rd class ship, it performs nicely!
Any Chance you where able to test this already to see if it still holds up well?

Ok, tested it with Man-o-war ship. Working smoothly. However, I do have noticed small stuttering which only occurs when you knock starboard or port guns of enemy ship. It's really small stuttering and it does not annoy me that much. But, as I said, it occurs only when you knock enemies guns. I have tested it in a battle against 7 warships, so it should be better in smaller battles. I have to admit that I'm not completely satisfied with the overall performance in large battles (with a lot of ships), but I think that it doesn't have to do anything with gunfire. Maybe a lot of ships cause fps drop. Stuttering is, however, fixed in my opinion. You could (or could not) have a look at that knocking enemy port and starboard guns. That's my only complain.

Reactions: jsv
Eventually of course there will be more strain on the system as the battles get larger and larger.

@Levis: Could you have a quick look into "XP gained when knocking down cannons"?
Maybe those could be replaced with their Delayed versions too?

Eventually of course there will be more strain on the system as the battles get larger and larger.

@Levis: Could you have a quick look into "XP gained when knocking down cannons"?
Maybe those could be replaced with their Delayed versions too?
I believe they are already? Or are they handled in a different file?

@Mirsaneli did you download the latest file in the topic here?

Back