• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved latest version, getting it to work

colmaniac

Sailor
Hi, I downloaded the latest version (both parts). ran the installer and installed ok.. I ran the game before I installed the addon and it works, but after the addon install I get the splash screen saying :-

scanning current directoryloading modules...
module (d3dB.dll) skipped
invalid path
loaded 0
reset....
initialising CORE...
No `modules path` key in engine.ini
scanning current directory
creating atoms space: 128 done
initializing complete

but nothing happens just stuck on the splash screen. il did cntl alt delete and the game is running with out error. can anyone help?

im running windows 7 64bit i put the main game in the programme file and not the programme file x86
geforce gfx card quad core not intel system

thanks

all the log says is :-
Scanning current directory
Loading modules...
Module [ d3d8.dll ] skipped
invalid path
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
No 'modules path' key in engine.ini
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete

I uninstalled and reinstalled on c advoiding prg folders, still same problem

I have checked the engine ini file and there is nothing in it. if you/someone has the engine.ini with someting written in it could you post it here and il copy it on to my ini, worth a try :) tnx

Nothing in engine.ini AT ALL? That file is included in the modpack download and there's definitely something in it.
Sounds to me like there are some serious things going wrong with the installation.
Out of curiosity, what is the size of your entire game folder?

did the game run before you installed the mod?

yes game ran perfect before installing mod,
the downloaded zip file is 2.33gb and installer 4.4mb
the entire potc folder is :-
size 7.79GB (8,372,233,449bytes)
size in disk 7.83 GB (8,408,064,000bytes)
contains 28,730 files 1,548 folders

il reinstall and try advoidnig ENB, as I did install it as I have a very powerfull pc,
see what happens, thanks

reinstalled, stock game works, installed addon, only did main file not enb, installed with no errors, tried running, now it crashes on splash screen I get :-

scanning modules/loading modules
loaded 0
reset....
initialising CORE...
creating atoms space: 128 done
initializing complete
then I get windows error ENGINE has stopped working
There is no log file in game folder

run the installer as administrator and check if you anti virus/spyware software is giving any warnings (or just disable it during the instal)

I have done several reinstalls, there seems to be a problem on the addon, I am redownloading it now. when installing the addon some times when complete the engine.ini file is empty and sometimes has the stuff written in it.

i made a copy if the ini file and replaced the ini file with nothing in it and get in the log :-

Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
System exit and cleanup:
Mem state: User memory: 4 MSSystem: 16 Blocks: 1
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp' line 515, size 4

Hi, thanks for help, I redownloaded the addon, did a complete reinstall in admin, this time the engine.ini had even more info in it, the game is now working, going to try the ENB, atm game is very fast so it should beable to handle extra load.

one last thing, sidestepping has been disabled, I found ini file is this the part i need to change? :-
/ Motion control
#define SIDESTEP_DIST_LEFT 0.05 // FLOAT - Default=0.05, distance traveled per step when sidestepping to the LEFT
#define SIDESTEP_DIST_RIGHT 0.05 // FLOAT - Default=0.05, distance traveled per step when sidestepping to the RIGHT
#define SIDESTEP_DELAY 10 // INT - Default=100, time delay in milliseconds between sidesteps. 1000 / this * dist = rate per second
#define SIDESTEP_CHECK 1 // BOOL - Off=0, Default=1, Prevent player from teleporting out of location via sidestep. DOESN'T WORK!

sidestep check from 0 to 1?
thanks

You need this one near the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define SIDESTEP_ENABLED         1     // You can use sidestep during the game (NOTE: No collision detection!)

ok got it thanks,

still got the boarding issue, il have a look on the forum, but killing the enemy on the first deck there is no icon to continue i did press F12 but nothing, is there a place to stand to get to next level?
Thanks

Even pushing F12 does nothing when you push the space bar? I get hung up once in a great while, but F12 has always worked.

I thought those boarding problems should be a LOT better than before. Had actually been hoping it was a thing of the past now.
Pirate_KK rewrote the entire system and I fixed whatever specific problems we still found afterwards. :facepalm

Hi, game is working now, just added a line into an ini file on the FAQ.
getting the odd cdt when I die but not much of a problem

Back