• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Latest/best mod that can work with the gog version?

GeorgeStorm

Powder Monkey
Hi all,
Been a while, I just bought both Caribbean Tales and City of Abandoned ships on gog and wanted to play through them as I've never actually completed either (hence why I bought both), and I went to look for the supermod as that's what I remembered being the go to mod, and found the historical immersion mod v5.0, but it's a standalone and I had a quick go but can't seem to get it to work with the gog version.

I'd like to use the gog galaxy client as I like being able to see time played etc :)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
George

v4.0 works and the download link has not been erased as far as I know. It is still on ModDB. v5.0 might be able to be configured to work with GOG Galaxy client, but that will take time. The Engine might have to be scrapped and just the models, textures and other changes, other than the engine, be incorporated into 4.0 to make a GOG version of v5.0 possible. Granted there will be diminishing returns with that such as still using the older engine which means that some code might have to be configured to work properly with that version and on top of that I'm not sure if the older engine can handle the enhancements without crashing on me.

Currently I do not have the time to revisit the mods and do a revamp to v4.0 (GOG) this extensive, however I am able to answer questions and slightly improve v5.0 as Cerez has offered.

Thanks, I wasn't suggesting anyone need to do any work, was just checking/hoping there'd be at least one of the mods that would work with it, plan on playing through the main story so things like added start points etc wouldn't bother me, just wondered if there was one that fixed bugs/improved graphics/gameplay etc.

Just to give an update, installed v4.0 and have started playing, although it says 1.4.1 in the menu, so not sure if something is wrong there?
Had one issue so far of a dialogue saying dialogue text not found or something similar, but other than that is bringing back many good memories, other than the yellow hair?

Thanks, I wasn't suggesting anyone need to do any work, was just checking/hoping there'd be at least one of the mods that would work with it, plan on playing through the main story so things like added start points etc wouldn't bother me, just wondered if there was one that fixed bugs/improved graphics/gameplay etc.

I am currently working on a mod/patch pack like that for Caribbean Tales. As @Modder01 said, (many) elements of this may also end up being integrated into the Historical Immersion Mod (v.5.0). See here:
Dialog Camera, Quests Fix, Larger Text, Time Fix, and Other Patches

I am almost ready to release a beta, but I want to fix as many bugs as I can find myself before I do. The aim is to basically fix all major, game- and experience breaking annoyances and bugs and improve the gameplay experience of CT, in line with established Sea Dogs series standards, without affecting/changing the original content and storyline. (Essentially a user-made, unofficial 1.6 release patch/update for the GOG game.)

Last edited:
I am currently working on a mod/patch pack like that for Caribbean Tales. As @Modder01 said, (many) elements of this may also end up being integrated into the Historical Immersion Mod (v.5.0). See here:
Dialog Camera, Quests Fix, Larger Text, Time Fix, and Other Patches

I am almost ready to realease a beta, but I want to fix as many bugs as I can find myself before I do. The aim is to basically fix all major, game- and experience breaking annoyances and bugs and improve the gameplay experience of CT, in line with established Sea Dogs series standards, without affecting/changing the original content and storyline. (Essentially a user-made, unofficial 1.6 release patch/update for the GOG game.)

Ended up switching back to the plain version from GOG this morning after various menus were lacking text, currently means some names are missing of ships etc that weren't in the base game, but now when capturing a ship I can see the stats etc for example.

I saw your thread, something I'll definitely keep an eye on!

Ended up switching back to the plain version from GOG this morning after various menus were lacking text, currently means some names are missing of ships etc that weren't in the base game, but now when capturing a ship I can see the stats etc for example.

I saw your thread, something I'll definitely keep an eye on!

Hi, I also couldn't see any stats when capturing ships (ransack screen), but just now I've found a possible solution.
I copy everything from the supermods folder except ransack_main.c file located in program\interface (that means using ransack_main.c file from original GOG version).

I don't know if there will be any complications though.

Attachments

• ScreenshotRansackScreen.jpg
    ScreenshotRansackScreen.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 264
Back