• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

L' Hermione Stuck in The Mud!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
There was a bit of a problem today when L' Hermione was scheduled to leave her dry dock, Napoleon III, mud and silt has built up along the gate and intake and outtake valves that move water in and out of the dock. They are currently working to clear the mud and get the pumps working, and should have her out by tomorrow, September 7'th.

I'll keep an eye on things and post any updates, videos, or news I happen to run across. I was able to track down a video of one of the frogmen going in to the water at the gate checking on the mud buildup :

Here are a few other videos of todays festivities in Rochefort!

A short video animated in French showing how the dry docks work

Attachments

• L_Hermione_2015.png
    L_Hermione_2015.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
L' Hermione is free and currently in the commercial harbor at at Rochfort! Later today she will begin her journey down the Charente river under her engine power for the first time. I will post more when i have time, but here is a video of her being towed out of her dock!

Are we planning to model this boat eventually? Maybe they would be interested in sponsoring the model getting in engine.

That has been discussed but this ship does not fit into the initial time period. She is more of a Napoleanic vessel.

Are we planning to model this boat eventually? Maybe they would be interested in sponsoring the model getting in engine.

I did try contacting them a while back mate, with the intention of establishing a relationship with them with this very goal in mind! It would be awesome if we could get the plans for this gorgeous ship in the hands of one of our fantastic modellers! I explained who we were, what we do, and just how gorgeous we all felt this ship was. I asked them if they could provide us with some press kit pictures, some details about her construction, and if they could provide us some details about the PC game they plan on Lafayette. I got nothing in return but silence, no response at all. :wp

All the information in the articles I have posted is stuff that I have been able to find and translate after many hours of searching. It sure would have made my job easier if they had been willing to provide even a few details. I wish now I had actually taken French back when I was in highschool!

Maybe it will be a different story when we can show them some in game footage of similar vessels.

I hope so mate, but it wouldn't be the first time we haven't been taken seriously. Some people see the term Pirates in our title and they figure we are just a bunch of software pirates and tend to ignore us completely, even when I take the time to explain who we are, what we do and why we do it. :shrug

Back