• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Kerbal Space Program

Nightshift

Powder Monkey
Well this is completly not pirate or historical, but for any simulation fans - you might check out:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

It's basically a game where you design your own spacecrafts/ planes with regards to mass, a basic aerodynamic and other factors. Youre all by yourself no goals to accomplish, do whatever you want and it's so addicting.

When I first played it I thought it's pretty overwhelming but after two hours I built a rocket that would actually lift off and not just tremble down before ignition. When you first see that you're actually about to penetrate the atmosphere it's so rewarding.. and than you see the moon and know what you want to archieve next.

The dimensions off the planets and everything feel actually pretty real and if youre hundreds of thousands of miles away youre still in reach of gravity.

It's hard to describe just watch it on youtube - it's like Lego just - well give it a try.

Best thing: the newest version contains a whole solar system with gas giant, mars and venus like planets and a bunch of moons and small planetoids. (and in-cockpit view - ever wanted to sit there in a shuttle-launch - I bet!)

My biggest archievement so far was landing on the moon (well thats said crashing without dying so those lil' Kerbals a stuck there untill I manage a relieve-mission).

Never feels frustrating only challenging and when your fuel tanks are empty just befor you hit the orbit of another planet, you just go back and modify your construction, certain that you just know where the fault was.

Lot's of mods wich contain mostly new parts to construct with but even the basic parts offer everything you could ask for.

So ckeck it out! It's only 0.17 now but it's far beyond most 40€ games will ever, ever, ever offer you - my word on that!

Back