• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Issue when trying to run windowed mode.

Extradaemon

Landlubber
Hi, i've been trying to run this mod in windowed mode with my desktop set as the game resolution:

full_screen = 0 ; 1 = Fullscreen mode, 0 - Windowed mode
screen_x = 1920 ; Horizontal resolution
screen_y = 1080 ; Vertical resolution

However, trying to launch the game like this results in the entire game screen being shifted to the corner of my screen, with only the top left corner being visible. [See Pic = http://i.imgur.com/lkBGMc0.jpg].

That is a very rare problem. So rare that I can not remember the cure. Here is my engine.ini. I had to zip it up, so unzip it and see if it helps. I just tested it in windowed mode and it works fine.

If this does not fix it, then the problem lies somewhere else. It might be your desktop settings.

Attachments

• engine.7z
    3.5 KB · Views: 77
This is tied to computer desktop settings, specific graphics card and monitor not the game program or the engine.ini directly.

The desktop resolution must exactly match the game settings or you will get this anomaly to include clipping, screen positioning and aspect ratio errors. Don't run the game differently.

If this does not help, readjust the resolution settings in the engine.ini to a higher resolution and retest (I know this seems counter intuitive but it sometimes works).

Unfortunately, this is a by product of a very old graphics storm engine.

Back