• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Issue in capturing settlements after english main-quests completed

Hi there!

Well, I tried searching for an answer to my question in the site, but I was unable to find it. Maybe I didn't search appropriately, but I created a new thread anyway. Also, I'm new to the forum, so if I'm posting in the wrong place, please help me on explaining where to post.

I'm facing an issue that is really pissing me off...I've played the english main-quests to the end and almost destroyed my chair in celebrating my deed, I was soooooooooo happy!!! I would finally be able to capture settlements!!! Yahoooo!! But then, I found out that I can't take the settlements, only plunder it. I tried taking Curaçao, just to realize it was not possible. I then came back to Thomas Lynch and spoke to him once again. He kept saying that trusts my judgement in choosing how's going to be english's expansion in the Caribbean or something like that. Do anyone know how to fix this?? I've played for a loooooooong time just to discover I can't capture settlements?? That's unfair, to say the least.

Anyone?

Edit: I'm attacking the city through the jungles and I'm using Diego Espinoza as the Hero, but I've started the game setting England as my nation and only worked for them.

Hi. Don't worry. I think you CAN take cities now, but to choose Curacao was not a good idea. For some reason Curacao can be taken only late in the game (after COAS quest I think). Try another one. Not Panama (you can conquer it only once, in the Pirate questline Panama attack). May be there are problems to take other capitals as well, Basse Terre, Bridgetown, probably depends on your nation? so try these later. all the other cities should be yours soon. ahoy.

Well, I tried San Martin, but the result was no different...I also tried Martinique, even though they are allied to the English, but other than losing my Commodore title nothing changed...

Ok, so I think I have to tell you the pirate questline is needed to keep cities for yourself. But you should be able to transfer cities to your nation? and you are commodore now and with 12 more cities you give them you'll become admiral. you can do the pirates questline later and conquer the whole caribbean for yourself then, also without losing your title.

I think I've solved the puzzle. I've been able to get the colony! I attacked the fort instead of attacking through the woods. I don't know if the license that I have had anything to do with the problem and I couldn't capture from the jungle for that reason. But looks like I'm really able to get settlements after all! The conversation with the Governor of San Martin also gave the option of taking the settlement for myself, England or just sack.

I think this thread can be considered finished. Thanks for the help, Marki!!!

Back