• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is there a way to rotate camera around your character?

SeaOtter

Landlubber
I've tried enabling the free camera option in the internalsettings config file, but it didn't seem to do much. When I press tab it doesn't change the camera, no first person anymore, just stock standard third person and makes me unable to walk, then if I press it again, I can walk again but the camera still doesn't change. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is that setting just meant for ships and not your character? Is their a simpler way to just see the front of your character model?

When you press Tab and are unable to walk, that should be you in free camera mode. Try moving the mouse around. That should change the camera angle. Left click should zoom in, right click should zoom out.

For ships, use the arrow keys instead of the mouse.

Thanks for the reply, the mouse doesn't move the camera for me in that mode where the character is unable to walk, but it's fine, no big deal.

It should! That's how I got the screenshots which I used for various character interface portraits.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. Maybe I enabled it the wrong way? Because moving and clicking the mouse doesn't do anything. But like I said, it's fine, I can live without it. Thanks again. :)

Back