• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is POTC now worth buying?

Well... it wasn't that lame 4.5 years ago. But I've maxed it out `upgrade-wise` (unless I totally tear it apart starting with the motherboard and CPU) and have fallen behind.

Pentium III 500mhz, with an ATI 32mb GPU card (`All-in` Wonder Rage 128)

So yes... my Xbox is much unlamer. heh....

I think someone else runs a P111 an it runs de game fine,except he had a video 128 mb video card,ye would need at least that,but den yew could get all de mods ;) :cheeky

I'm sure the CPU is what's powering you Capt. Cookie. And as far as getting a better GPU... I didn't know what an AGP slot was when I first bought this stupid Sony.. or I would have made sure it had one!!!!!! :x So I think I have the best PCI GPU I can get.. at least a year ago it was. rats....

While I'm thinking about it. Does anyone know if any of the Mac PC emulators are any good. If I get a new comp, a Mac (and Final Cut Pro) would certainly be the better choice at home to help in my business. But I'd hate to lose all of the compatablity of the PC. (Why can't we all just get along?) :shock:

Regarding turning off crew in first person mode.
Open notepad
Browse to POTC folder
Open ProgramSea_AIAICameras.c
Find line
Code:
PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 0; //Keemo
and change it to
Code:
PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 1;

Start POTC again.

Darkheath, this is what it says on the game box:

Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP/2000/ME/98
128MB RAM
800MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon processor
8x CD/`DVD-ROM` Drive
GeForece2 MX or better video card
Keyboard
(Mickey) Mouse (j/k!)

Thanx Catalina, mines a 500MHz (dinosaur, I told you!), but may get it to work with the extra GPU and RAM (256)... who know's.

I will be getting the original Sea Dogs soon. eBay is a wonderful thing... one man's junkkkkkkkkkkk is another man's treasure... so to speakkkk. heh... damn... seems my "kkkkkk" button is getting stuckkkkk! :cheers

Anyway Cat... I'm slightly disappointed. I don't think I got my invite to "pull up a keg" yet! :cheeky (Unless I missed it somehow..,) :onya

in my honest opinion, the original unmodded version was really great and worth buying itself, a bit buggy though. the mods really make it an amazing experience!
*sits squirming uncontrollably in his chair because his new, clean, unscratched, `un-modded`-`by-me`-`and-my`-incompetence, and `un-chewinggummed`, copy of the game gets here tommarrow so he can play after a long time of bieng landlocked in other games*

:cheers Sorry Darkheath, I have been preoccupied with personal matters and have been away from this area for a bit. You seemed to have been around, so I figured everyone else had already made their welcomes...

HOWEVER :bow

:cheeky Darkheath, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :cheers

You are very welcome here and we're glad to have you aboard! :yes :cheers

Sounds like you're going to have some fun tomorrow, Lebo47! :onya

Well... it's only really been one weekend. One `sailing-filled`, `bourbon-induced`, frustrating in an `I-can`'`t-stop`-`myself-way` weekend! :cheers

I guess I had a lot to say, that's why ya thought I'd been around for a while. Pretty important stuff too... all about Pinnaces and Vajinnehs! :cheers

All's forgiven... :yes

Yeh, well, about those Pinnaces and Vajinnehs, you're forgiven too! :cheers

Which reminds me of a wonderful piratey song I CANNOT post over in the Blind Parrot... There'd be wayyy too much... Polite censorship... Oh well... :yes

'Ello Chum. You know what I be doing to make storms feel worse? I be takin' a spritz botle and spritzing meself every time a wave crashes over me deck! :rolleyes:

Seriously, mate, it makes you feel you're there, with the spray in your face an all.

;) Cdre. Will Wallace, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :cheers

Aye, I do that when I hasta be on dry land, jest so's I don't miss the sea quite so much. :yes :bow

Back