• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Inventory Overhaul

That stymied me too, adding a new beach location at which you can land from sea mode. I mean, I thought I knew how it worked (if I recall, add a new reload locator where you want it offshore, then edit the islands.c file, I think it was), but nope. `kee-rash`. But randomly generated and uncharted* (unreachable from sea) areas are fine... I wouldn't want a whole long string of beach icons to scroll through from sea anyway.**

(* Odd thing I just noticed, maybe it's new or else I'm blind, but the overhead sea mode map now only shows the name of a place so long as I've actually been there...)

** What I've been doing, dabbling in abortive quest attempts, was just make a beach location reachable from land only... like, slap a rowboat model on the beach, and make that the reload locator to get to a little "offshore" atoll or something. If you want you can make the atoll, islet, reef, shoal or `what-have`-you visible from shore... just slap in the model of that location far out at sea surrounding a beach. I made "Shipwreck Shoal" just off the coast of KR that way... I put the Douwesen shipwreck beach model out in the water off some shore location, and when you "swim" to it the location is two beaches `back-to`-back.

As well, large and random unexplored areas would let you lead exploration expeditions (for Stephen Maturin?) for a fee.

Back