• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Interesting Exploit / Manipulating Treasures

Captain Dixi

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
Ahoy All,

Edit:
I changed the title, because I can now confirm, that the exploit works. Please see below link I posted in my original post.

Thanks to teh_beard for posting it on steam. Thanks to Gunnar for telling us what a stranded ship looks like. Additionally this ship is very small and really slow, because it is just a raft.

I will copy and past teh_beard's guide here. So all credits to him.

1. Find stranded boat on Global. Save.
2. Go to local and pick the captain. Save.
3. Interrogate him. If he does not promise treasure - return to 1. If he does - return to 2 and sail to the location of map holder he mentioned.
4. Save in the sea by this settlement and interrogate him again.
5. Go to tavern and find the map holder. Save just before talking to him. If he`s abscent for whatever reasons - return to 4.
6. Get the map from the map holder and proceed to its location. If its too far - return to 5 and savescum closer place of burial.
7. Save before entering the cave.
8. Go in and search for treasure.
If its a trash - return to 4.
If its shiny things and blade and/or amulet you do not want - return to 7.
9.???
10.PROFIT!!

The points of saving are important. Took me a few tries to understand. To find the map-holder you have to talk to the barkeeper. He might tell you the guy is dead or went away. Then you have to reload 4. before you talked to the captain in the hold and try again. If he is there, the barkeeper will tell you to wait. This spawns the guy, so I would save before you talk to the barkeeper, if you want to get a location close to you.

Original post:
I just started playing SD: TEHO a short while ago...

Now I try to get ready for the Caleuche DLC, but need a musket, acctually I think I need two. I found this thread over on Steam:

Getting the "Seafarer's Earring" Amulet for "The Pirate Saga" quest :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]

teh_beard explains an interesting exploit I would like to use. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find stranded ships on the global map.

Can Anybody help? Thanks a lot in advance.

Dixi

Last edited:
Ahoy Captain Dixie,

i think that your stranded ship is a small boat on global map, in fact smallest you can encounter. When you get close to it you will pick up shipwreck survivor from it.

Thanks for your quick reply... I will check, if I can find such a boat and test the exploit and report back.

For the exploit i think it will be really time consuming ... but if you wasn't lucky enough to get the musket so far it's worth a shot. On my playtrough it was also low drop rate for those in fact i got none from treasure hunting ... Another exploit or rather savescumming method is boarding a ship with musketeers on it and repeating deck fight until they drop what you need

Thanks for the good idea. Have to change my sea-battle style a bit for that. Have not had any boarding fight for some time, they always just give up. But I guess not blowing their crew of the ship before boarding might help;).

So far the exploit did not work, but I will try again, just being able to manipulate treasures sounds too good...

This is annouyig when you can't get quest required items ... i was lucky enough to get those muskets. By the way lowering the crew just make them easier to surrender so just dont fire cannons, just go straight for borading except for sail damage maybe if you can't catch them. They surrender when you have big advantage in your crew so consider using smaller ship or just let loose some of your crewmemebrs

I realize this topic is a bit old, but in case someone is looking at it another method would be to get 2 halves of treasure map and save right before you combine them. This is a guaranteed level 2 treasure, which can contain wards and naval carbines as well, so the only variables are the location and the treasure itself.

And its only 1 save =P.

The only difficult part is finding halves of the treasure maps ;). This can be done with level 1 treasures from the people in taverns tho, and a lot of times you'll get a half in the treasure you find too =P.

Last edited:
Back