• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installing Maya 5.0

You can say, that modification is there if you'll see it ingame... :D Good luck...
Well... there's good news and bad news!!

Good News - I got him into the game and the animation works - he walks, fights, follows me around in officer mode etc.
Bad News - He has no texture - just a light brown covering. (and his shoulders seem to sag a bit to me :shrug )

Ah well! back to the drawing board - and Maya :modding :modding :modding
ghost.jpg

That's already a LOT of progress indeed. Something is working in the game to some extent!
Consider me impressed! :onya

You can say, that modification is there if you'll see it ingame... :D Good luck...
Well... there's good news and bad news!!

Good News - I got him into the game and the animation works - he walks, fights, follows me around in officer mode etc.
Bad News - He has no texture - just a light brown covering. (and his shoulders seem to sag a bit to me :shrug )

Ah well! back to the drawing board - and Maya :modding :modding :modding
ghost.jpg
what, when... how have you... Wow... :bow

Now: Write ewerything step by step to me in here or PM and I'll try to do it... Together we'll finish this... After that I'll post detailed explanation inside my tut

For SuperDurnius:

I have sent you a PM
I don't want to put it here yet as I know I am doing something wrong, because I can't get the texture.

Anyway I have "done" several models now, and other than the texture issue - they all worked.

When we get it sorted, as you say you can add it to your tutorial.
:onya

Neat Job SJG ! i'll upload my two faces (megan fox & keyra knightley) to the ftp so you two can play around with them

lol, i promess...

EDIT: Done ! i've told your wife ! ummm... wrong, i've uploaded both heads to the FTP lol!

BTW:
"I would like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."
"And Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?"

Those two are greate ! lol

woohoo!

Got to love this progress (just need the texture and we will start a perade :D)

We can have an accurate Keira (Elizabeth) soon then that is also great :cheeky

I'm attempting to install Maya5 again. :modding I got as far as ZarethPL's 3rd screen this time. That thingy does nothing.

@Armada I have installed Maya5.0 and the plugins. Not sure how to handle the crack.exe.
I don't get a 33 letters long number but it gives me access to Maya.
Restarting the computer means I have to run the crack again.
That's odd. The most recent time I did this, I installed Maya first and then ran crack.exe once. Maya works as intended, without needing to run crack.exe again.

Where did you install Maya, and where did you run the crack from?

I thought I installed Maya in C:\PROGRAM. The computer made a new folder also called PROGRAM with only Maya in it.
Later I was asked to namechange that folder. Named it PROGRAM1.
I have tried run the crack from different places, like downloads\Maya5.0, desktop and right now from the installed Maya folder.

Running crack => a 12 letter code in the Host ID box. That's far from enough, should be 33 I think.
pressing "create license => "License.dat succesfully created". And Maya can be opened. Until the computer is turned off next time.

I installed by clicking setup.exe. Nothing else.

I'm not sure where the 33-digit number comes into it, if at all. Maybe that was an older version of crack.exe. :shrug

So your installation is now outside Program Files, right? I guess that should rule out any interference from that folder.
If in doubt, maybe try uninstalling Maya and then reinstalling it in a new folder outside Program Files, and run crack.exe from the same folder.

Ok thanks, I'll try to do that. Maya itself seemed to work alright.
At least I got so far I could see the hull of Golden Hind in grey. And zoom.

I have tried 3 times and it's still the same situation. I leave that for now and try to focus on the tutorial instead.

OK then. That's still a really annoying problem to have to deal with, though.

What exactly does Maya do when you restart your PC? Does it say that your license has expired, or something?

These 4 pictures show what's happening when I have restarted my computer and try Maya.
After nr 4 Maya can be opened.

I never write anything where the serial number is requested.
I can't see the file License.dat they're talking about.

Attachments

• Maya startup 1.jpg
    Maya startup 1.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Maya startup 2.jpg
    Maya startup 2.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Maya startup 3 crack 1.jpg
    Maya startup 3 crack 1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 405
  • Maya startup 4 crack 2.jpg
    Maya startup 4 crack 2.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 388
OK, try this:
  1. When that first Maya startup screen appears, click Close instead of Next, and then run the crack. Reboot and see if it works.
  2. If it doesn't work, try running the crack first and then starting Maya, so it doesn't show the license screen. Reboot again.
If neither of those work, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
It shouldn't be an OS problem at least, since I'm also running Windows 8 and Maya works properly each time.

Ok, I'll try those cases. My only problem with Maya is that we're living in a summer house with just
one internet connection. So when Caroline is searching for new jeans there will be no Maya for me. :modding

I have tried both ways - no success. Can it have something to do with this internet connection?
I'll test at home soon where I have internet via the telephone line.

Back