• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Improving the Smuggling System

This now works :dance

The first 3 times you talk to a Smugglers Agent ( does not have to be the same one) - you will get the extra dialog to tell you about talking to soldiers in the tavern. :read

After that this part of the dialog is removed. So it is not too annoying.

Attached files contain small changes from the originals.

@Pieter Boelen -- I worked out that the counter was going 0,1,2,3 etc. - So the first agent you talk to is number 0. :wp . So the dialog is removed when you talk to Agent number 3. Thanks for your help.

:drunk

Attachments

• Smuggler_Agent.7z
    3.7 KB · Views: 196
Cool!

One thought though on this:
Code:
title=General Quest - Smuggling on #sisland#.
text.t1=I talked to a smuggler in the tavern. He said he could help me sell my cargo, but said I might want to find out first how to avoid the coastguard patrols. Then talk to him again.
text.t2=I found a guard who was off duty. After paying him some money, he told me the best time would be #stime#. I may need to wait for that by talking to one of my crew on deck.
The location used to be logged to your questbook to help you remember if you forget.
I'd suggest putting that back. Any idea where would be a good spot?

Cool!

One thought though on this:
The location used to be logged to your questbook to help you remember if you forget.
I'd suggest putting that back. Any idea where would be a good spot?

No I don't think that quest book entry should tell the player where to go :no

The location is still logged in the quest book :yes -- it appears after you talk to the Agent for the 2nd time in the tavern when he tells you the location in the dialog.

Code:
text.t10=I'm confident I know when it's safe, so the smuggler told me I should go to #slocation#.

You get this entry - whether or not you talk to the soldier in the tavern.

I removed the location from the the dialog and quest book entry for when you talk to the Agent for the first time in the tavern - so that players would have to go back and talk to the Agent again to get the location.

I thought this would stop players who were used to the old system just talking to the Agent once then going straight to the beach. And finding no one there - and thinking the Quest Broken.

Of course this may have to be changed when @Levis implements the "sending an officer to the beach to watch the coastguard patrols". But we can deal with that when it happens, and by then everyone will be used to the new smuggling system anyway. :yes

:drunk

Last edited:
No I don't think that quest book entry should tell the player where to go :no

The location is still logged in the quest book :yes -- it appears after you talk to the Agent for the 2nd time in the tavern when he tells you the location in the dialog.
Ah, sorry; failed to notice that! If that indeed works, then just pretend I didn't say anything. ;)
As long as the location is logged at SOME point, I don't mind at all if it is done later.

@Talisman, @pedrwyth and @Hylie Pistof: Are you aware of the option to send one of your officers to figure out the right time to smuggle for you?
If I recall from @Levis, that feature actually exists. Might be worth a try and could be an option if there is no soldier to be found.

The sending a officer is being talked about in the book you get, so you should be able to know it from there.

The ships should only appear once the coastguard found you. But it is possible the coasterguard is in the location but still looking for you. I believe the ships are created at this point. We could change this to have them create only after the coastguard talked with you.

About the patrol schedules:

The smugglers don't know the patrol schedules either. I have planned in the smuggler guild quest to have a point where you will make sure they are always informed about this and so you will hear it from them. But this is still in development. This will be after beta 4.
If you are caught the smugglers like you less, and only if you are liked much by them you will be able to unlock opium smuggling. Opium smuggling has fewer risks involved in it and a higher pay. Also the amount of money smugglers pay you is based on theire liking, so doing succesfull smuggling runs will increase your profit on it.

I admit the system has become a bit more complex, but I believe most of it is explained well already.

The cancel option sounds good and we can make that. Also we talked about the waiting option already in the other thread.

The ships should only appear once the coastguard found you. But it is possible the coasterguard is in the location but still looking for you. I believe the ships are created at this point. We could change this to have them create only after the coastguard talked with you.
At the moment it seems that when you smuggle at the "wrong" time, if you aren't caught ashore, you WILL be caught at sea.
It seems there is no chance element there; either you're 100% safe at the right time or 0% safe at the wrong time.

After the coastguard talked to you sounds like a reasonable idea to me. :doff

@Levis @Pieter Boelen

If you try the Save Game provided by @Mirsaneli here:- Medium Priority - Jack Sparrow: Cannot Talk to Nevis Pirate Leader | PiratesAhoy!

You will see that Hispaniola Island has no Smuggled goods. :shock

It is not a game bug - I tried starting a new game and there were goods there.

So I assume that the Smuggling System in @Mirsaneli 's game has produced the situation where there are too much smuggled goods on Hispaniola and so no more are required and it has removed all goods from the interface.

Is this correct? :read

:cheers

Attachments

• PotC Hispaniola Contraband.jpg
    PotC Hispaniola Contraband.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 193
So I assume that the Smuggling System in @Mirsaneli 's game has produced the situation where there are too much smuggled goods on Hispaniola and so no more are required and it has removed all goods from the interface.
Doesn't sound right to me! But @Levis would be the one to confirm that....

Might be, need to look into it. Probably after a while they might appear again :).

Should perhaps a minimum of one smuggled good be enforced?
Otherwise it could be a bit boring.

Just curious. Did people try out the opium already?

Just curious. Did people try out the opium already?
I've started a new game with a smuggler character. Going to try that opium thing, given the character lives long enough.

By the way, that smuggler had starting cargo of 270 silk. Sold it for almost 140000. Quite a starting capital for swashbuckler difficulty.

I've started a new game with a smuggler character. Going to try that opium thing, given the character lives long enough.

By the way, that smuggler had starting cargo of 270 silk. Sold it for almost 140000. Quite a starting capital for swashbuckler difficulty.
silk is expensive so it would fetch you a nice sum indeed.
Sounds like you where just lucky :).

Let me know what you think about it.
Especially the tie in with the smugglers (if you dont know about it take a piece of opium to one of the smuggler agents and they tell you).

Now I'm told the best time would be between 7:50 and 8:00... Boy, those Nevis schedules are tight. We'll need to add "wait for 1 minute" option to the time-skipping dialog ;)

Back