• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Improve Performance in 3D Sailing Mode

Select everything that applies to you

• -- WHERE DID YOU NOTICE ANY REDUCED PERFORMANCE? --

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -- WHAT IS THE MOST RECENT MODPACK VERSION WITH THE BEST PERFORMANCE? --

• Build 14 Beta 3.1/3.2

• Total voters
So....
Performance before installing ENB = crap
Performance with ENB = crap + you don't like the look
Performance after uninstalling ENB = better again

Wait, what!?!? :shock

Nope.
3.4 = crap
3.4+Levis's patch = crap + no cannons
3.4 + enb = crap + looks terrible and didn't test cannons
3.4 - enb = back to crap but cannons work

So you're back to where you started yesterday?
Shame, but at least that makes more logical sense than what I understood before. :facepalm

I understood the Crap is about how it looks or does it also affect the FPS, or not at all? We could configure ENB to have less bloom etc if it gives you an FPS boost.
What is the last modified date on the AIShip file now? did it revert back to the previous one? or is it still my version?

ENB looks like crap AND delivers a performance hit. It is a lose/lose app. It did clean up the stuttering tho.

The aiship.c is the old one now.

I finally did the Battles of Bridgetown and Cozumel in both POTC3.3 and 3.4. There is a solid 10 frames per second difference between them plus 3.4 is a staggering stuttering lagging mess. I have no motivation to play that one again.

Also, has anyone else done Cozumel in 3.4? For the first time that I can remember when the idol is dropped into the hole in the floor the movie does not play and that is it. Game over.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll do another step-by-step update from Beta 3.1 to the Beta 3.5 base so we can figure out where the performance issue comes from.

But I won't be doing that just yet. For one thing, @Levis said he'd work on it. And I have limited time plus a lot of other things to take care of first.
Need to get my Beta 3.5 WIP code tested before I proceed much further, really....

@Hylie Pistof: Could you please upload the PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders of the most recent game version you have where 3D sailing mode was still running relatively smoothly?
Perhaps next week we can see if we can figure out when and why this performance drop got introduced.

Even 7Zipped the program folder is too large, but here is the resource/ini folder.

Attachments

• INI.7z
    536.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Will check download on Monday because I'm on my phone until then.

Anyway, thanks for that! :cheers

It did that to me too. I tried to 7zip it again and got errors. The 7zip I have on my hard drive is good but it gets corrupted when I upload it to onedrive.

My Dropbox is still down for public use. Dropbox is not responding to my queries about how to get it working again either.

Methinks I would need to be given permission to use the FTP.

The last time I used FileZilla FTP to upload the file. You just need some data like a password... But, I lost these data :modding Need a bit of time to find them again...

@Hylie Pistof: The code you uploaded is the most recent "smooth" version that you have, right?
So the Beta 3.4 release is laggy, but the files you uploaded don't?

I am currently doing some WinMerging back and forth; will upload an archive later on.
The differences between your code base and the Beta 3.4 one is really quite small,
so it should be quite doable to figure out what code is responsible for the lag.

Did you add some newer code fixes scattered over the forum to it as well?
All code is newer than what I still had as "Beta 3.3" but some of the files are newer than the Beta 3.4 release as well.

@Hylie Pistof, checking this further, I just do not understand.
Virtually all differences in the files are MORE recent than the Beta 3.4 release version.
And not a single one could even remotely impact the on-sea performance, because they're almost all in dialog files plus one init file.

So I strongly suspect you may have uploaded the wrong PROGRAM folder, because this doesn't make any sense. o_O

:oops: You are correct. I just checked and I uploaded my 3.4 folders. :facepalm What you have is the laggy one.

I will get the 3.3 ones now.

Ok, it looks like the INI is from 3.3, so it should be ok.

Here is part 1 and part 2 of the 3.3 program folder.

Attachments

• program part 1.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
  • program part 2.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Back