• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Implementing Build Mod Resources

Goliathos

Landlubber
Hey, so hopefully doing something like this wouldn't be against copyright, but is there a way to take just the ships from New Horizons and implement them into the base game? The desired effect would be to have the huge variety of cool ships available to find at sea, and to purchase in shipyards and what have we from New Horizons, in the base game. Whilst I appreciate all the game play changes that the mod makes, and the fact that you can tailor them to your desires, I just don't enjoy New Horizons as much as I did the base game. Probably because I'm immature and don't understand the ins and outs of proper pirating... I do however, love the awesome choice of ships, and the great aesthetic work.

I'm pretty sure that would be a big job. Porting the ships themselves over is easy enough, but there are some other files that need modifying also. There were some technical breakthroughs needed just to get this many ships in game, not to mention getting the crews and shipyards to work properly.

The standard storyline is still the same with some optional side quests added. If it is played in arcade mode it is pretty similar to the original game, but without the bugs.

Thanks for the response!

I tried just that, however there were still some things I didn't like so much. One major one was ship boarding, I liked vanilla a lot more, mostly because I got to do a lot more killing. Another thing was seeing some soldiers in a town pull out muskets with one hand, that one really threw me a curve. Another thing was cannons, I know the vanilla ones behave more like mortars but I liked using them more, mostly because they had a larger field of view to fire from (yeah I know it's not realistic). Then there's the map, I'm blown away by the amazing texture work but I struggle to identify fleets and I don't know the way around (again, I'm immature and I'm in it purely for swashbuckling and cannon volleys). The main lure of this mod for me was ship variety, upgrading, and customization. My problem with the base game was that there's only like nine types of ship which are all functionally identical within the same power level. There was no way to set yours apart. Anyways, thanks for putting up with my rant...

Edit: Perhaps there's a way to add some of the features from the base game retroactively? Such as the map and cannon behavior?

Muskets in the unmodified game? What are you going on about?

Anyway, I would VERY much recommend against touching the original game.
It is easier to modify the latest Build Mod to your liking. And by that, I mean MUCH easier.

Haha, no, I saw some guards whip out a musket all John Wayne style in New Horizons. :D But I digress, I'm trying out CoAS, and if I don't like that then I'll just make do with New Horizons. That is said in no way to minimize the mod, as it is an awesome piece of work.

Thanks for the help,

G

Back