• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

wow.. I made a really good sound but my game crashes when it should play it.. could it be the filesize? (4,41mb)

hmm strange I converted them into the excact same specific wave-file. Could it be the length? (it's 52 seconds long)

Can you post it? I'll see if I can convince it.
I don't think the length should be a problem.

The files are in RESOURCE\Textures\WorldMap\Interfaces\icons.tga.tx (and the numbered ones for different periods).
Right now, they're ALL the same. So the French don't even get their Napoleonic flag in the last period.
Problem is... they're animated flags, so that might make it a bit harder. But if you think you can do it, that'd be great!

Actually, you might want to start trying France. I don't yet know how to add the missing USA into that file; would need to figure that out.
Alternatively, I wonder if we can put static crests in use instead. That'd at least make them all correct, even if it might not look as visually pleasing.

Any thoughts?

Ah, there's your post. :pirate07: I'll give it a shot with the animated ones first, but I have a question:
flag.jpg

Is this flag used for anything else than the USA? Should be no problem to replace that.

That's used as your personal flag for if you captured any towns for yourself.
That doesn't work very well yet, but hopefully we'll be able to get that working some time.

well yes I wanted the water-splashing effects, I even merged your storm4 file with a recording from the movie^^ I first intended to have the sfx for the cannons, too, but that will sound weird if your guns reload faster than the sound appears^^

Anyway thanks! :)

I use GiveShip2Character ALL the time for testing. Never got any profile errors with to it. I'm certain that it's not related.

We all want a stable game version, of course. But we've made some incredible progress over the past few months. Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 11 is SO much better compared to, say, Build 14 Beta 2.3 or so.

But the next version including the advanced code I'm working on will probably have issues at start that we'll need fixing.
We'll keep it as internal release until we've got it working reasonably well though. But you're best served with Beta 3 WIP 11 for the foreseeable future.

I'm pretty sure those problems are NOT normal. Nobody else seems to be having them.:confused:

I only have profile problem when i use GiveShip2Character. (but if it's not happen to anyone else, then you don't have to bother. Since as long as i don't use it, i'm fine)

About the game crashing, i don't know why. Maybe my PC isn't good enough for the mod or because i modify a few things. But i don't think my modification cause it to crash. I increase the Gun from 102 to 138, capacity from 5000 to 750000, increase speed, turn rate and HP. Though maybe my capacity is too much for my PC to handle, so i decrease the weight of all the good to 1.

Well, i'm installing a new POTC seperately to try the Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 11. Really looking forward to the new version.

well yes I wanted the water-splashing effects, I even merged your storm4 file with a recording from the movie^^ I first intended to have the sfx for the cannons, too, but that will sound weird if your guns reload faster than the sound appears^^
Did you figure out where to put the sound-playing file? We could put it in the modpack.
Does add a nice touch, I suppose. :cheeky

yes, I already wrote the code, but I didn't test the new file if it works :shrug will try it after work and then upload it ;)

If I only knew where the cannon-sounds are defined :confused: There is something in cannons_ini.c but these are no file-paths.

ahhhh! I looked into the program folder all the time :D
great now I can give the Flying Dutchman's cannons a pretty sound! I will downgrade the cannons a bit, so they won't be supernatural strong. I will upload it alltogether (Emerge-sound+cannons+cannon-sound). One last question: I tried several times to get the dutchman's cannons right at the start (you can set this in ships_ini.c) so I can disable them for sale, but it seems that the storylines override that stat.

For some reason EVERY starting ship starts with 4-pounder guns. NO clue why and I can't begin to figure it out while I've still got far worse issues to deal with.
GiveShip2Character gives the proper cannons.

hm well not that bad, the cannons are theoretical 128er calibers, so no other ship than the dutchman can carry them. I think I will make them cost only a few bucks, then you can easily get them when you bought or got the dutchman ;)

http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/TEMP/Dutchman_Addon.zip

So this addon includes:
The new emerge sound + code (unfortunally, the background-music plays along, I didn't found a function that lets the music temporarily stop)
New cannons (so my other cannons are also included), which are:
  • 42er carronade for Ships, less damage and range, less reload time than the fort-guns. Some SotL can carry them right from the beginning, if I'm not mistaken. In order to let a ship carry these, caliber must be 24.
  • 68er carronade for ships, the same like above, but I think without modding, no ship can carry these (caliber =32, but they are a bit unrealistic, so I made them off for trading)
  • 68er carronade for Black Pearl and Queen Anne's only, but they both need the caliber=68; for that. A bit stronger than the 'normal' 68er.
  • Flying Dutchman's Carronade, which is theoretically a 128er carronade, but only that no other ship can carry these cruel cannons. If they are too strong, let me know, and I will fix it. I just can't test it because of my modded settings. + Special Sound for these.
The ships_ini.c in this modpack gives only the dutchman her new cannons (or the abillity to carry them). All other ships are stock, which means that if you want to use these new cannons, you probably have to change the calibers as above said.

Ah, yes the music would do that. Hmm, that requires further deliberation. Maybe you can ask Jack Rackham if he's got any idea? I know he did music stuff in his storyline too.

Not sure what to do with those extra-large cannons. Are they still realistic? Ish? :confused:

well is an submerging fluyt realistic? :D You don't have to use them :shrug but I think it fits to the flying dutchman.. if you see what she does to ships in the movies with a few single shots o_O
The other cannons are only included because I was to lazy to delete them all for the modpack :p but Armada once said that there actually were 42er carronades for the big ships :shrug
The 'normal' 42er and 68er are not even OP, they reload slower but have more damage than the smaller ones ;)
The Flying Dutchman's cannons are indeed.. well... VERY strong. They will burst a smaller ship within seconds. But as I said above, if they tend to be too strong, I can easily fix that ;)

Back