• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I may be in Port-au-Prince for the next few weeks.

jearwood

Landlubber
Hey guys and gals. Just wanted to let y'all know that I may be in Haiti for the next few weeks, and I probably won't have internet.

It's not exactly a vacation spot right now, but they really need electricity. And that's one of the few things in this world I am good at.

I'm currently in talks with the Red Cross. It is disturbing how hard it is to get anything there except money (and I doubt most of it actually gets there). But I think most of those good people would want lights, warm bread, and running water rather than a few greenbacks.

Anyway, Pieter, Maggee, SWS and the rest of y'all. If you don't hear from me for a bit after next week, that's where I am. I'll be back as soon as I can.

-Jay

Ok then Capt. Courtney, really is good to hear you are going in to do something really helpful for the people of Hati, its good to give money but it is even better when you know that things are being done :onya

Y'know if things worked out better in this part of the world I'd be the first to volunteer for nonprofit disaster relief ops. But unfortunately I'll have to live with conveying hope on msn and some online games my girls frequent.

Put a few smiles on those Hispanic lasses for me :3

It's not gonna be pretty. But if I can see just one little girl there sleep with a full tummy, a night-light and a glass of clean water by her bed, it will all be worth it.

At the very least, my Creole will be a little better when I get back. "Ou te bon jou. Mwen renmen nou tout."

Nothing ever is pretty - not even peacetime with all luxuries at our fingertips. It's the understanding and appreciation for all basic needs that draw my heart to disaster relief efforts.

By the way, by the time you return, do not be surprised if I decide to make a move to another web community, for reasons related to the above that you may understand. May you make a difference in God's name.

Are ye a lineman Cpt Courtney? :? Stringin' up new wires, gittin' water an' sewer flowin' again, an' gittin' displaced folks shifted tew udder parts o' de country all be seemin' like noble stuff tew do thar, matey! :onya

Back