• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I have to explore all the islands?

xseanx69

Landlubber
Storm Modder
:onya Hey everyone.
I have an issue with this new tweak...
why do I have to explore all the islands myself?
There are huge islands that have only one city so i go around it for hoursss and barely find somthing...
Is this a new build 14 tweak or is this a bug at my game?

thanks!!

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1279749464' post='373828']
:onya Hey everyone.
I have an issue with this new tweak...
why do I have to explore all the islands myself?
There are huge islands that have only one city so i go around it for hoursss and barely find somthing...
Is this a new build 14 tweak or is this a bug at my game?

thanks!!
[/quote]

This is part of the mod. You have to find buildings like taverns and shops first before you can fast travel there. This was added because it is more realistic.

You can change that option in the ingame advanced options.

Yep we have made realistic on by default in all version after Beta 1... If you dont want them change Realistic settings in the options to arcade BEFORE starting a game ;)

I understand that i have to find everything inside the city but why do i have to find the city itself? i have a map..

But even if you have a map it is not guaranteed that you find a certain location. Just like in reality. ;) (before the time of GPS)
Try to find the towns and other spots without the map of the island.... that will drive you crazy.

Btw. where can I land on isla mona and isla tabac? Is it even possible?

If you have a map, you'll know where to sail, but it won't instantly unlock Sail To.
However, once you discovered a location once, you can Sail To it again straight away later on.
This change was made to encourage players to actually sail around and encounter stuff.
However, as Captain Maggee says, it is easily disabled by setting the game to Arcade mode.

Always thought that was one of the best features of the Build Mod - if you don't like something setting-wise, it's super easy to change. :yes Especially now that many of the common settings are now accessible from the game menu. No more rooting around in INI files, hoping what you just changed doesn't totally bugger up your game. xD: I never did like reading the instructions anyways. :cheeky

Sorry for hijacking the topic a bit there. :eek:ops

Also when looking for town on islands look for spots that are a beach and normally that's where the docks are than just sail close enough to get the more and port actions

Back