• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I HATE Piers Downing

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
I hate this guy now. Lol. Great job whoever made the storyline. I am yet to finish it but I think I'm at least 60% done now.

Anyway, I failed to prevent the capture of Port Royale and now Downing is the new Governor. I was so pissed that I tried to invade the town and kill him right there and then but the quest prevented me. Lol. I wish we can just add that to the storyline; a way to skip whatever quest comes next that if you prove your mettle that you can actually take down the fort right there and then, you can. xD

I just wanted to say that to make myself feel better since I put some time into capturing the town (tried it twice to make sure it wasn't a bug) and find out that I actually can't. Lol.
All I got was a black screen but that's okay. More story for me. :dance

I hate this guy now. Lol. Great job whoever made the storyline. I am yet to finish it but I think I'm at least 60% done now.
That's me - thanks! :doff

Anyway, I failed to prevent the capture of Port Royale and now Downing is the new Governor. I was so pissed that I tried to invade the town and kill him right there and then but the quest prevented me. Lol. I wish we can just add that to the storyline; a way to skip whatever quest comes next that if you prove your mettle that you can actually take down the fort right there and then, you can. xD
The reason you can't capture the town is that Downing still has a part to play. Wait until the story is finished. If he's still there, then you can finish him off.

I just wanted to say that to make myself feel better since I put some time into capturing the town (tried it twice to make sure it wasn't a bug) and find out that I actually can't. Lol.
All I got was a black screen but that's okay. More story for me. :dance
Can you upload a savegame from before you attacked Port Royale? Capturing the town is blocked but you should still be able to loot the place, hitting Piers Downing right where it hurts most, which is his wallet. If that doesn't work, I want to know why.

Oh no, just when I cleared my saves. Lol. Well, when I do a replay and get there I'll upload a save on that part here. :dance And yes, I'm glad I didn't kill him. Taking on the Dauphan was awesome and I was surprised to see him there so that was a treat, I just wished I could've captured him then made him walk the plank or marooned xD. That kill was too easy/soft for that guy.

I took Port Royale as my own though after everything and moored the Dauphan there. :cheeky Are berthed ships (active) on captured personal towns able to defend it when there's an attack?

There are no attacks on any towns in PoTC except when you're the one doing the attacking. You will therefore be pleased to know that, should you choose to attack your own town for some reason, you won't face your own berthed ships when you do. xD They shouldn't be destroyed in dock during the attack either.

If you prevent the French from capturing Port Royale, both by warning the governor in time after events on Isla Mona and by defeating the Dauphin Royale there, then Piers Downing won't be governor. Presumably you've already married Lucia, otherwise Piers shouldn't appear on the Dauphin Royale - you'll be offered a chance to marry her after defeating the French and he'll be an unwelcome wedding guest. But if you decline the marriage offer, he can't attend a wedding which doesn't happen. In that case, he'll take refuge on his ship at a random French port. You may be able to find the ship and if you can reduce its morale enough, it might surrender. And in that case alone, you may then have Piers Downing as a prisoner.

He's supposed to be a bit tough, being equipped with a decent sword and top grade armour. But then, by that point, so are you, and you probably have better "Melee" skill than him after a game of piracy and other gratuitous violence. :duel:

Back