• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I cant make the french questline

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
I went to tortuga and talked to the general governor and he told me htat he doesnt know me and my char says " I will come back when I have the licence". I went to a pirate diplomat and got a french trading license and he stills says he doesnt know me. I have this problem with the english general governor too. What do I need to make the french questline?
by the way, can anyone tell me if there is an english questline guide and gimme the link please?.
Thanks.

you sont need a trade licencse you need a letter of marque in ( privateer license in vanilla game) after that try it. make sure you fly the countries flag though. also you can only do one nation wuestline. it has to be done before the pirate one or it will not work ( you have ties with the brotherhood)

you sont need a trade licencse you need a letter of marque in ( privateer license in vanilla game) after that try it. make sure you fly the countries flag though. also you can only do one nation wuestline. it has to be done before the pirate one or it will not work ( you have ties with the brotherhood)
damn. I currently have the pirate questline in my log book. so if I finish it I wont be able to do it anymore? O__O. and where is that marque?
Damn this game if full of blind alleys! X__X

Letter of marque, two ways to get it.

1)Buy it from a diplomat, sometimes he has one to sell, sometimes he doesn't. You just gotta keep trying and have a deep pocket.

2)Do quests for governors of the nation you want to serve, do enough missions and they will give you a letter of marque for your service.

You will not be able to start a national quest line if you've already begun the pirate quest.

I believe you cant. (you may be able to but i doubt it) the reason for this is what happens.
SPOILER
P
O
I
L
E
R
if a country for example destroyed a town. and another quest requires you to go to that destroyed town, the mission will not work.
The pirate missions are separate, so you can do them AFTER a national quest

The quest line pirate and quest line national are compatible.
You can do a quest-line national after the mission of Steve Linney (and before quest of Panama), or after the mission of Panama, but in this case you must wait for a year for Morgan's return to London.
Also a quest line national -> quest line pirate are compatible.
Two quest-line national are not compatible.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to fully complete one nation's quest line and then move to a different nation so long as you save the pirate quest line for last? Or are there certain conditions that make this impossible?

...is it possible to fully complete one nation's quest line and then move to a different nation so long as you save the pirate quest line for last? Or are there certain conditions that make this impossible?
Impossible.
Between the various quest-lines national there are contradictions and incompatibility: in some should kill ... yourself! :woot Or save a city, and in other quest-line destroy her... etc etc.
The game does not allow it.
On the contrary, not incompatibility between quest-line pirate and quest-line national (only one!). Or vice versa.

...On the contrary, not incompatibility between quest-line pirate and quest-line national (only one!). Or vice versa.
Important clarification: If you make quest-line pirate -> quest-line national, you have to do the quest-line national after quest of Steve Linney, not after quest of Panama.
In fact, after quest of Panama,
.... if you buy a brand point is valid and accepted by its Governor General, but does not assign missions and says to act independently in the interests of the nation considers you as though you had concluded that the quest-line nazione.Col its possession of a valid letter, you also can transfer to any nation that conquered colonies as piracy.
Important: In conclusion, in order to do the same quest-line PG Pirate Quest + National full-line, we must suspend the attacker after the 8th this, take a letter brand, complete the quest-line national choice, and order by Morgan for the 9th and last of the pirates.

now I have another problem. I got my letter of marque from a pirate settlement, then I did like questline missions for the governor in tortuga, then I went to CoAS to make that storyline, then I lost my Corsaire title, I still have my letter of marque but when I talk to the general governor he says he doesnt know me.

My problem was similar.
I completed the pirate quest line up to Steve Linney, and then stopped.
I received a French Letter of Marque, but did not start the questline, and decided to tackle COAS instead.
After completing COAS I went back to Tortuga.
I still had the Letter of Marque, but the French did not recognize me.
What I realized (other than my reputation had severely dropped to regular sailor) is there is some sort of glitch after COAS.

The only way to solve both our problems is the GET RID OF THE LETTER OF MARQUE, and acquire a new one.
You will have to attack a french ship, lose the letter of marque, and start over.
Then you should be able pick back up where you left off.
Otherwise, you may have to do some script editing, or revert to an earlier save.

My problem was similar.
I completed the pirate quest line up to Steve Linney, and then stopped.
I received a French Letter of Marque, but did not start the questline, and decided to tackle COAS instead.
After completing COAS I went back to Tortuga.
I still had the Letter of Marque, but the French did not recognize me.
What I realized (other than my reputation had severely dropped to regular sailor) is there is some sort of glitch after COAS.

The only way to solve both our problems is the GET RID OF THE LETTER OF MARQUE, and acquire a new one.
You will have to attack a french ship, lose the letter of marque, and start over.
Then you should be able pick back up where you left off.
Otherwise, you may have to do some script editing, or revert to an earlier save.

Or just reequip the letter of marque after your done with COAS. Letter of marque must be equipped to work - when you first get it, it's automatically equipped, but in COAS it's removed, so you have to "put it back on" :D

Back