• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved I am admired but not licensed

JOVE23

Sailor
Coordinator
Hello all,

So, I gamed the game a wee bit and got myself admired by the English by killing skeletons in a grotto and talking to the padre until I got the max respect. I understand this is necessary to get a privateer license. However, I have gone to the governor in Port Royal (not the guy in the chair, the guy standing next to him) a few times, done a few quests for him, and still get the "I'd like to be your regular line of work" talk. Do I just keep doing missions for him until he gives me a license? I'd rather not have to pay for one from a diplomat.

Best,
JOVE

simplest way, go to a pirate port and by a LoM from diplomat. i always do, saves you time from doing stupid missions from the gov. like pirate hunt, or deliver package to a certian someone.

The answer is yes. This is thankless because it takes forever and often the governor will tell you to come back tomorrow. One other thing that can make it even more annoying is when you have a competing NPC captain in port.

The governor will often tell you that he gave him the mission. I have killed NPC captains before because of this. They will approach you for a mission. When you go aboard their ship you tell them you're not interested - fight their crew and sink or disable their ship. When you encounter the NPC captain again at the tavern follow the dialogue allowing insult and allow the tavern duel to take place. Once they are eliminated it makes it a little easier.

I almost always buy the license these days as Ben said.

MK

Back