• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to start with higher class ships?

1stPion_Paul

Landlubber
So basically i've got the latest version of New Horizons for POTC and would like to start a game with a larger more advanced ship as one of the characters.

I saw this on Moddb- "While Build 13 allowed character and ship selection on a new game, we lost that feature when the Storylines were introduced into the modpack. This functionality has now made a full and improved comeback. And instead of picking from a limited set of choices, you now have the choice out of ALL the content in the game! Various selection filters can help you on your way."

But it seems I don't actually have all the ships to select. I can only choose ships from class 8,7 and 6, yet for the master and commander line for instance, jack starts with a class 4 ship but if I do try and scroll through the ship options the Surprise doesn't appear, I have to cancel out and redo it.

I don't mind editing some code to allow me to select other ships, but just point out which files and what to change, thanks.

Starting with too large a ship would be cheating, wouldn't it? That's why it isn't possible by default.... :wp

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of that file.
Now you will be able to REALLY choose from all ships in the game.

Thanks alot :)

I would agree with the cheating bit if my game actually saved properly.. Making it possible to actually obtain the ships.
If your wondering what problem it is, it's the bad save thing. I saw a fix and someone saying it was really random but that didn't really work, but I'm fine with just sailing around :)

Don't change your default Profile name. Also, remove the file named "options" from your main game folder and remove everything from your SAVE folder.
That usually helps.

Back