• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to set one character to one nation only?

Estharos

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I'm sure this question as been ask before but how do you set a character to a specific nation only? If you take Peter Blood for instance, when you chose him at the beginning of the game you can't select any other nation then England. I would like to do the same with another character. So how you do it? :bounce

In the Resources folder, check the Ini folders I believe. Look for the Herodescribe.txt. Look up the person who's nation you want to change there.

Did that already, no change in the selected menu. I still can chose the other nations.

It's for a project of mine, I don't want the players to be able to chose any nation other then England or it will screw the game.

Oh okay, I understand. That's a little more complicated, try checking in the Programs folder, the characters rpg file or something. There is a line somewhere that says something like if "player x" then "nation y."

Found it and fix it, it was the selectcharacter.c around line 473. All fix now.

Cheers, :cheers

Back