• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to set it up?

BobbaFett

Sailor Apprentice
Hello mates.
My pc cannot handle BuildMod 14 so I had it uninstalled
I want to use the Black Pearl from the buildmod into the unmodded PotC
It's possible? if so, how?
can anyone give me instructions please?

the files of the ships and etc are still in the game folders
thanks!

That's why it's called BuildMOD "modified". And the modified original PotC are these. You can try the MOD13. It's lighter and it has the black pearl(way better looking or more realistic as to for the potc film, of course, than the black pearl of the original game) and also the flying dutchman.

Last edited:
So there's no way to get the pearl from the builmod into the game without using the whole mod?
using the pearl files? :c

Why just the pearl if you can have a lot more with the mod13(well, provided your computer couldn't handle build14 of course)? Besides, I say its kinda if not too complex to do just that. Let's just wait for what the others would have to say. Right now, I need to sleep. hehehe. :p

You can just copy the Black Pearl folder out of the build mod and drop it into the stock game and it will work. The path is: POTC--->resource--->models--->ships--->Black Pearl

It is a good idea to rename the Black Pearl folder in the original install first in case you want to keep it or something goes wrong.

I also recommend build 13 over the stock game. It is a lot easier on the hardware than build 14 and a lot better than the stock game.

What Hylie said.

If Build 13 doesn't work out, you'll have to try this:

Note that in Build 13 she's called "theBlackPearl".

You'll need the applicable texture files. Textures are in RESOURCE\Textures\Ships . If you enable error logging as per our FAQ (link in my signature),
when you load the new Black Pearl model, system.log will tell you what textures are needed.

Also the shipwalk file: PROGRAM\SEA_AI\walk\theBlackPearl_walk.c .
You'll have to rename all GM files, the ship walk file AND do a search-and-replace IN the ship walk file to make it work.

since i had the buildmod 14 the files are all still there i uninstalled it tho but all the files are ther, how can i spawn the pearl? i guess everythings in order

On the unmodded game? Haven't the foggiest. Part of the mods we added are so it is easier to get the ships we want. o_O

Yes on the unmodded game :c
It's not possible?
I'm getting confused, all I need is to play with the Movie accurate Pearl without the buildmod since i cant run them due low specs

you have to move(copy) the texture and model-files from the Black Pearl and let them overrite one of the stock ships (I recommend the "Black Pearl" from the game). You have to make sure that the .gm files have the same name as the old ones.
Then the model should be the actual/real Black Pearl. If you get texture errors then, you have 1. The textures at a wrong place
2. The textures are not named right (But I believe that this does not change.)

And if you replace the old Black Pearl, keep in mind that there's usually no way to get the Black Pearl in the stock game, you can't board her in the last fight and can't even damage her if you encounter it.
So you have to give you the Black Pearl right from the beginning. I unfortunaly don't know how the file was named in the stock game, but it is something similary to the "standard.c" in PROGRAM -> Storyline.

Last edited:
The original game didn't have Storylines. Try PROGRAM\Characters\characters_init.c .
I think that contains a ch.Ship.Type line to change.

Have you even tried Build 13 yet?

GOT THE PEARL :D
Can I give you a big hug all? c:
anyways, how do I change the sails from the torn to the patched, the Jack's version sails

Does she have sails set in ships_init.c ? I don't touch the stock game anymore. Not with a 10-foot pole.

theres this "refShip.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_BlackPearl.tga";" IDK if its the same?

Last edited:
Yup, that's what you need changing. Get the patched versions from the mod.

I got the file, aye
how do I change it exactly :c
Sorry for annoying you with all these questions, I'm very sorry but I'm quite a noob.
Where do i put the file of patched sails and do I leave it "ships\[the patched sail file]" ?

You put the file where the old file was. Resource\Textures\Ships for the stock game, as I recall.

Enable error logging as per our FAQ and check system.log . Probably that will tell you the name of the missing sail texture files and show you where they should be.

Back