• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

how to increase reputation

S

Steak

Hey all!

I've been playing AoP2 for a few days now and realy like the game. Its buggy and totally unclear when it comes to quests but damn enjoyable once you get the hang on it. I've got a question though: I just cant figure out how to increase my reputation with the 4 main forces. I've done quests for the governer and got the Hero title, i've been sinking and catpuring pirates ships and been hunting on english merchants (since they are in war with the Dutch, which I am) but got no reputation increase or decrease at all. All 4 fractions are still on neutral.

I've read about possibilities of buying letters of marque off some dark figure in the pirate town but I want to do this the legal way...

Am I beeing too impatient and do i just have to go on like I'm doing or am I just trying the wrong things?

well you need to to governor missions to raise your rep, it takes alot of missions to raise it, but if you do the 666 black pearls quest for the dutchman line, that mission from governors raises it fast. for legit pure rep farm i would get the pearls quest and then just keep going to governors until you get it 2 or 3 of those will raise your level rep.

alot easier doing it that way, than the standard gov run farms, takes a ton of those to get anywhere. and far as i can tell turning in prisoners does little or nothing for your standings other than turning in pirates lowers your overall reputation. might be wrong but i never saw my nation standing go up from prisoner turns ins and i have turned in a ton.

Reputation won't help you, or am I wrong?
Other nations are always hostile towards you if you have the wrong flag. Peter Blood is English so the enemies of England will always attack me, a humble trader with big military ships. Don't they have anything more important to do than to attack a single peaceful trader ship?

Reputation affects how the NPC's perceive you, the number of men that you can hire in the tavern and to some extent the prices you pay to merchants.

Cap'n Drow

Back