• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to find out a prisoner's nation?

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
Hi guys!

I boarded one pirate ship and captured the captain. Now he sits in my cargo hold and waits for me to decide on his fate, whether release him or ransom him. The problem is I can't release him anywhere. When I speak to him, I'm speaking about releasing him on Pirate island. Didn't know which one it is, so I tried to release him at every single Pirate settlement in archipelago including Grand turk, but no success.

Then I've read some threads related to this issue and there were some mentions about prisoner's nationality. Can someone tell me how to find out which nationality prisoner is? Is it written in some variable which can be executed through console? Or should I guess that only by his name?

No idea. :shrug That was broken for years but was supposed to be fixed recently. I keep forgetting about them and they soon jump overboard and escape.

That dialog should be telling you. If it says "pirate", then that is where it should work.
You could also press "O" when facing him and look in the lower-right corner. I think that'll tell you too.

Note that you must be in the port of that nation. Pirate Settlement should work; I've ransomed pirate prisoners there before.

Ransoming or setting your prisoners free are based on the same variable: bAllowRelease in Prisoned_dialog.c .
I recently rewrote pretty much all of that file and it should be working now.
You have to be AT the anchorage of that nation though, because you can't set them free at sea.

However, one option you do have at sea is to get the money he is carrying and set him free then.
That doesn't give you the full ransom though and also doesn't give you a reputation boost.
But it is better than nothing.

Back