• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to change store prices (buy/sell)?

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Hey there!

I'm currently playing the GoF2 mod and I have some trouble with making money via "trader" route...

I've disabled the "realistic weight" and "realistic costs", as leveling the "treasurer" skill depends on how much money is transferred. So it would take AGES with these on.

Anyhow: my skill is now at 45 and I bought some gold in La Vega (export) for about 118k
and I want to sell it in Puerto Principe (import): but I only get about 91k from the trader!?!

Actually loosing money even when considering export and import values is quite... dumb.

Could you please tell me what code I would need to change to resolve this problem?

Thanks and cheers!

Well, I found something:

StoreUtility.c
under "int GetStoreGoodsPrice"
change the parameters for "TRADE_TYPE_IMPORT" (and if you want to for "TRADE_TYPE_EXPORT")

although I'm not sure what "stf(refGoods.RndPriceModify)" does, and how it factors into that... maybe a programmer knows a better way?​

There is nothing wrong with the economy, you are just not familiar with how it works. You bought high and sold low while the objective is to buy low and sell high. Study the prices for goods in the different ports a while and you will see which goods are cheap and which are expensive in the different ports. Something that is cheap in Martinique might be expensive in San Juan.

Back