• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How do we get officiers...

Tonno

Landlubber
How do I get officiers? where I can find them?In tavern I've only found quest characters,with officiciers I can store my ships?

ask all the men in the bar. some are looking for a job. they look like pirates or military types.
those that look like civilians are not looking for work.
officers, they ask if you have a job for them, and they tell you you have to pay for them to come and workfor you. in the beginning you find low level officers... they ask for 4000 5000 ... and later you can find better ones that ask you to pay 15000 or so.

I made it! But they only work on my ship!!how can i give them the command of a ship?

go to wharf, select second ship slot, under your first ship.
buy a ship for this slot.
you need an officer for this ship. send your officer to that ship.:)

okay i have a group of officers and there skills are on two bords IE... personnal & ship How do i get and accept command for a action from a officer i have placed in a job slot

depends
some repair skills are available if you have a carpenter and the officer has the skill and you are damaged and have repair materials.
same for the gunner, bosun, navigator...
some of the functoions have bad descriptions that are not entirely clear (at least not to me), making you think you can use them whenever you want, but that is not true.
officer functions are only available depending on situation.

ok i have figured out skills if you have no officer and have carpenter skill and supplies in large map section your crew and you will repair ship be aware that ships need a lot of supplies.guns and boarding work saame if you have skill and officer doesnt itwill work you do not give command it happens as situation arises. musket fire in board action with crew armed works wonders if it works you will hear gun fire in boarding screen and a report on top of screen of firing results had as nmany as killing 86-100 of enemy from this action alone.
my ? is how do i tell my fleet officers..ie ones assigned an command which ammo to use .

Press enter, this brings up the menu to enter map, drop anchor etc, then press arrow down, select the other ship you want to assign, select cannon icon then choose ammo type. :onya

Back