• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help how do i increase ship speed on the battle map?

Igor

Landlubber
i'm using the latest GOF mod, and i have found that despite selecting dynamic battles when starting a new game, all ships are ridiculously slow on the battle map. i mean the one where you sail in 3rd person view, not the world map. how exactly do i make it as fast as vanilla COAS?

i have tried changing the value "BattleInterface.ShipSpeedScaler" in the "BattleInterface.c" file in the \Program\battle_interface folder but it doesn't seem to do anything, even when starting a new game.

can someone please help me get back the default ships speeds? thanks.

GOF2 has a more realistic weather system than vanilla COAS and the wind can drop to zero at times. This can be turned off in options. From the main menu click on options, then click on mod options in the lower right hand corner. Then scroll through the options and set them to your preference.

It was originally an arcade mode game only. The GOF team fixed it so it is more realistic, but that can be turned off in mod options.

Early in the game your ship is very slow but as your sailing skill increases it gets much faster.

GOF2 has a more realistic weather system than vanilla COAS and the wind can drop to zero at times. This can be turned off in options. From the main menu click on options, then click on mod options in the lower right hand corner. Then scroll through the options and set them to your preference.

i've already turned off that option and even when i have the wind at my back it's slower than a sloth on valium. what file do i edit to make it faster? you said the GOF team changed it and made it more realistic. well how do i unchange it and make it unrealistic again?

First files I'd check are PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c and PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c .

First files I'd check are PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c and PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c .

well i already figured it out by searching the forum (should've done that first :) ) but thanks anyway pieter! it was the aiship.c file as you suggested. if anyone else wants to hcange it the value to change is this:

// Apply arcade mode
if (iArcadeSails == 1)
{
//arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = 6.0 * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ);
arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = (12.0 * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ));
arCharShip.MaxSpeedY = (2.0 * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedY));
}

the value to change is the one that says "arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = (12.0"

it was originally set to 3, so i upped it to 12 which should be fine. the one below that that says "MaxSpeedY" controls the turning rate. i left it since i like the slow turn rates.

anyway thanks for all your help guys. time to loot and maraud and rampage and pillage my way through the caribbean

Back