• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Victory

mrpirate101

Landlubber
i dont mean to moan, and i dont like to..but you guys dont know a historical ship when you see one, this victory ship you have in game is wrong in everyway. i'm not saying the model and textures are a waste, there beautiful. it's just that ship is not the HMS Victory that lord nelson commanded during the battle of trafalger.

See image below.

b_the_nelson_manoeuvre.jpg

this is the hms victory, of the british navy. im not being a bastard or a out right twat, it's just if your going to do these types of ship, please do them correctly. you say you like everything to be historically correct yet you cant get one ship done properly.
if someone can give me all files related to HMS Victory. i mean from everyone who has ever done anything on it i will try to do it myself.

We know that not all ships that are on here are 100% accurate but psst, if your not happy then do one yourself (you will find it isnt easy to make an accurate ship)

There are a couple of ships that we want to be, but at the moment no one is doing them.

this is the hms victory, of the british navy. im not being a bastard or a out right twat, it's just if your going to do these types of ship, please do them correctly. you say you like everything to be historically correct yet you cant get one ship done properly.
if someone can give me all files related to HMS Victory. i mean from everyone who has ever done anything on it i will try to do it myself.
Question: How would you like someone to talk about your work like this?

sorry if i come across as a twat guys, its just that the Hms Victory isn't just a ship to me, it's a part my countries history and i'd like it to be atleast somewhat correct.

also i cant use ftp, not sure why but is there a link to all the mods put up for potc, aop and coas.

Why cant you use ftp? :?

i download the ftp command thingy. doesnt do sh*t.

i was also given a link before christmas, where it gives you the list of modders, you click their names and it gives you there mods. but cant find link anymore

That would be the FTP, the link is http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/

Also yes the HMS Victory is apart of yours and my own history but this is a game, sorry but you have to thank those who made the ship, at least they took the time to make it. No its not historically correct but does it really matter, like all games there are limitations in what can be done, maybe one day the Victory will be updated or remade but for now its as good as it gets. I personally ported the Victory from POTC to COAS and i did it because its nice to be able to continue to use the ships made orginally for POTC. Like i said the Victory is apart of my history too but you don't see me getting annoyed at the fact its not a mirror image of the true ship, there are a few models that need updating/fixing but till we start seeing people start working on ships thats all on hold.

Personally i suggest you wait till COAS CM V3 is released since its got alot of fixes and alot of new features, COAS CM V2 has a problem with the navel battles which will see you been stuck in a battle for real hours, if you don't mind that then good luck and happy sailing. :onya

Why cant you use ftp? :?

i download the ftp command thingy. doesnt do sh*t.

i was also given a link before christmas, where it gives you the list of modders, you click their names and it gives you there mods. but cant find link anymore

Do you have the Victory also tried already? :rolleyes:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//hms-victory-t14499.html/page__st__60

End of page.

I will after I've finished the HMS Sophie times revise Arabelle and the HMS Victory. ;)

thats the ship i was talking about, the ship isnt that far off, it's just the texture isn't right. and victory should be written on back of the ship if possible. also on the deck there should be more detail. if possible atleast add a few things and also try doing the texture showed in the pic at top of page. i would try but im not that good

On the subject of color, since the game chooses between three textures of different hull colors. I believe a second color should be red and black then white and black as the third color scheme.

Back