• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

History of Creation The Seaward.RU Team. Interview With ALexusB

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Ahoy ladies and gentlemen!

Another video has been released on the Corsairs Legacy channel. The interview of @ALexusB has been translated to English.
So this is your chance to learn more about Seaward.RU, who you may know as the creators of the Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships game, and other mods.

Technically, CoAS was created without ALexuS. He's even not present in credits for CoAS itself, only Seaward is there, like creators of Legend is Back, the fan-mod for Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales turned commercial and which CoAS is based upon. CoAS just added the eponymous City of Abandoned Ships location and some minor things like few additional quests while made fencing worse, made some ship models worse, brought in some absurd things (like xebec in Caribbean), left only three possible protagonist characters and as a whole took a big step towards TEHO-like claustrophobic gameplay.

Just watched the interview and I was surprised by the amount of easter eggs that seem to have been in the game. Does anybody know, if the easter eggs mentioned in the interview starting at 27:00 are also in COAS? Or are they Legend is Back exclusive? I am aware of the *SPOILER!* shotgun as well as terminator in COAS, but I have no knowledge of quest officers turning into monkeys.

Technically, CoAS was created without ALexuS. He's even not present in credits for CoAS itself, only Seaward is there, like creators of Legend is Back, the fan-mod for Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales turned commercial and which CoAS is based upon. CoAS just added the eponymous City of Abandoned Ships location and some minor things like few additional quests while made fencing worse, made some ship models worse, brought in some absurd things (like xebec in Caribbean), left only three possible protagonist characters and as a whole took a big step towards TEHO-like claustrophobic gameplay.
Well personally I really enjoyed COAS and TEHO. And Xebecs were a thing since at least PotC.
So I guess to each his own. ;)

Regardless I haven't had the chance to play the mod you are referring to, I think it is only available in Russian.

As for ALexusB and COAS, he still is the founder of Seaward.RU, and most people probably know COAS. At least those that don't speak Russian.

Just watched the interview and I was surprised by the amount of easter eggs that seem to have been in the game. Does anybody know, if the easter eggs mentioned in the interview starting at 27:00 are also in COAS? Or are they Legend is Back exclusive? I am aware of the *SPOILER!* shotgun as well as terminator in COAS, but I have no knowledge of quest officers turning into monkeys.
I haven't yet watched the video.
But I do indeed remember the first two.
As for the monkeys, can't say for sure.

If you prefer reading, a text version of the interview is on the Corsairs Legacy website.

Fantastic a Potc in a completely new modern key ... I can't wait to play it .. it's time to give me a new pc ..

Last edited:
Back