• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hiring new officers

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Okay I am using the newest version of the combined mod... I have 5 officers

1 fighter
1 Master (navigator)
1 Bosun
1 Quartermaster (Treasurer)
1 Carpenter

Now I can't hire anymore. I can talk to the officers in the tavern I can ask them about their performance but I have no option to hire. I am currently in Barbados and sail under the English flag and am neutral with that country.
I have tried getting rid of both Officers and crew alike but it still say's that I have a full crew.

Oh yeah I am also playing as Horatio Hornblower.... and I met myself in the Tavern... couldn't get myself to join me either.... go figure.

"Edit" P.S. I have found that if I fire all but one of them I can rehire another...

NEVER MIND... Dumb mistake... I figured it out...

You can buy a Tartan or other very cheap ship for one of your officer's to use then when you have filled each ship with ofiicer's head over to the port controller and ask if you can leave a ship with him. Leave all companions that you gave ships to just, now go hit the bar and have a few drinks (only joking) go back to the taverne and hire any officer's you like the look of. Each town will only allow 3 ships to be stored there so at most you can hire asn additional 3 officer's from the first time you do this, You can then head to another town and put those 3 new officer's on a ship each and park those ships up and hire another 3 officer's. Once you have got enough officer's go to each town. Speak with the port controller and ask if you can have a ships back, do this for each ship in parked there and repeat at all towns you have ships in parking. Sell the ships if you don't want them before heading to the next town. There you go, you have more officer's. The only nationm this is not possible with from the start is the pirates since they don't have a port controller. But it doesn't take long to make a few 100, 000 and buy a 30 day trade license and do it at the seleced nation's towns.

Back