• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hey friends

Meitnerium

Sailor Apprentice
Just a small request.

Can you change Arcade Modus like in Assassin's Creed III so I can travel with ships as easy as I want? Unrealistic or not, but Water drifting is cool, you know ^^.

I was also thinking about a seperade soundtrack for Potc since ACIII has some fitting OST there. I just dont know how to do it. I could only provide music.

Any idea?

Making any changes to the way ships behave at sea can either be easy or impossible.
For example, you can change the top speed and turn rate of any ship by editing values in PROGRAM\Ships\Ships_init.c.
However, getting the ships to 'drift' or something would mean changing the actual physics of the game engine, which we can't do.

As for creating a music pack, you might want to talk with Legendary Spider. He made a PotC film music pack, so should be able to help you.

ah ok thanks.

Next thing is that death sounds are still not working. Ship AI is still too easy and doesnt get better skills when you level up.

How can I change difficulty so that I counter tough ships... lets say im lvl 30 everytime I join random battle, I encounter a 1st class Man'o'War?

and what is wrong with free sail mode? Sometimes my screen gets white whenever I point my camera to a specific isle

And when I play Hornnblower questline, game crashes everytime I kill Mr. Simpson during my Lt. Promotion

Huh. I just started with PotC and I haven't had any major problems with Hornblower at all. What on Earth is water drifting?

I hear death sounds.

Give yourself a 1st rate and soon you should start seeing 1st rates.

The next two items sound like a problem with your install.

ah ok thanks.

Next thing is that death sounds are still not working. Ship AI is still too easy and doesnt get better skills when you level up.

How can I change difficulty so that I counter tough ships... lets say im lvl 30 everytime I join random battle, I encounter a 1st class Man'o'War?
In Options > Advanced Options, make sure Sea Encounters Generation under DIFFICULTY SETTINGS is set to the second option, which takes your character level and ship tier into account.
Then, as Hylie said, get yourself a Tier 1 ship and you should start to encounter the largest vessels.

For general difficulty affecting the AI and other aspects, try changing the Difficulty option in the Select Storyline screen when starting a new game (Apprentice is easiest, Swashbuckler is hardest).

and what is wrong with free sail mode? Sometimes my screen gets white whenever I point my camera to a specific isle

And when I play Hornnblower questline, game crashes everytime I kill Mr. Simpson during my Lt. Promotion
Your first point sounds like the graphical anomalies, not a problem with your install. These are white/grey flickering artifacts that very rarely appear when sailing, obscuring your view temporarily.
It's a mysterious problem that we're still not 100% sure how to fix, but it seems to have been mostly eradicated in the recent Build versions.

As for your second point: it's been a while since I last played the Hornblower storyline, but if I remember correctly, you're not supposed to kill Simpson at that point.
There's meant to be a duel later in the storyline, I think.

Have a look through the Options menu; there might be some settings there to help you.

ok thanks for the help ill look into it.

Now I have just completed Hotario Questline (without those [traps] at pirate wiki, I could have never completed it) and im doing free world mode.
But I mentioned that when I get killed or my ship gets destroyed, death movie does always appear.

How can I change that? I want to survive and change death so that 15 secs pass before anything else occurs or get kicked back to main menu

Did you fix typical smuggle exploits as well? I just mentioned how cheap smugglers pay for Cinammon. I got only 51,400 for 200 C. instead of 300,000, which is better now. But you didn't remove the kill option, which allows me to keep my illegal wares AND smugglers money, which is way too nasty.

It seems like you fixed loot prices, too, which doesn't make it all way too easy to earn lots of money. Muskets do no longer cost about 12000 but around 2000, which is acceptable.

Sea skills can still be manipulated if you get sailor + gunner officer

Maps are now 10 times more expensive, but I still don't get, what they are good for. Are there special adventure places with mysterious treasures like nathaniel mayan temple quest?

For death - check the Advanced Options - there is one that reduces possibliity of dying ( resurrects you in tavern with less items & ship damaged) . :yes

Selling things to Smugglers then killing them ( some people like to play that way ) - choose the option in the dialog that suites the way you want to play. :guns:

Maps are very useful if you play in Realistic mode - no fast travel to a beach until you actually find it first for the first time. ( Personally I can never remember where all the beaches are on Cuba, Cayman or Turks :read )

:cheers

Here is an update of the bugs/exploits I found:

- When you change your ship Appearance, sometimes your companions ship get replaced by your own appearance. Lost a Man'o'war for another bloody Black Pearl
- Talking with Bartolomeo Portuegese in Tavern on Cayman makes impossible to leave Tavern anymore.
- Graphic Glitch during sea battle. It blends you, makes hard to see anything. Happens regularly.
- Skill Enhancing items for Sailing (Sextant, Enh. Compass for example) do not work anymore, if you reload your save after equiping them. I'm not sure, but are my Officers causing that bug? Skill points do not change at all.
- Causing damage to hostile Nations is not equal to the costs to beg mercy from their governour. ( I attacked 1x English fort, plundered 4mil Gold, stolen 2x Warships. I asked the English governour to forget about my hostility and change back to neutral status, he only demanded 45,000 gold for repairs!)
- Muskets are way too expensive (2,500 gold sale rate). At early game, you can just go kill town guards and collect muskets, to earn lots of gold.
- Quest givers or special Officers are not invincible, they can be killed accidently by NPCs or by yourself
- no bombs available at store. Why are there only chainshots, grapes and cannon balls?
- Auto-Trade and Auto-Loot sale behave strange sometimes. Not all loots get sold at all (mostly shortsword or daggers) and have to sell them myself. As for Auto-Trade, instead of buying Rum and Food, my powder or cannon balls, planks get sold and I have to re-buy them.
- After taking Jamaica Fort, lots of Nathaniel Clones are walking along the streets of Jamaica and they are marked as "Soldiers". Does it make any sense?
- You can only choose two different Tattoos from Opium Den. Melee and Sailing. Others are "locked" for unknown reason
- You can also put infinite Tattoos on you, which makes your skill points push upwards. There should be a cap of 1.
- When a thief steals money from you, you can persuade him to give your money back AND then kill/strike the thief with sandbag to get 2x of your stolen money = Profit.
- Ebony is still the most profitable smuggler goods. 600 of em bring about 612,000 gold, you can either go create forests or buy them for cheap in Puerto Rico
- I can't loot my officers anymore, if they die - thus, I lose my valuable stuff
- Whenever I ask crew members to join on land with me, they come without any weapon. My weaponslocker does not fix it. I have to equip them manually. Very annoying
- What are statuettes and skulls (different colors) good for? There is no use for them
- Rare Bug: Game crashes, whenever you go trading right after Fort Capture.
- Bug: Game freezes, when you Auto-Trade your cargo on Black Pearl
- Auto-Trade sometimes causes the trader to have minus stuff (e.g -600 Planks)
Nathaniel questline complete, Mod compatibility: 100 % ( no crashes, even with Fast Travel.)
Horatio Hornblower questline completed, Mod compatibility: 40 % ( crashes often, without [trap] infos from wiki, you won't ever complete it)

What are officer positions (Boatswain, Navigator, Gunner, First at Arms) good for and what kind of functions do they have? And what are the most important skills for each of these officer positions?

still looking for a few answers

What are red,blue,... skulls good for?
Are there any heroic instances full of monsters with mysterious rewards?

Hmm. Many of the things in your last post never happen to me. I never auto trade or auto loot.
Those skulls serve no purpose.

In the main quest have you tried the governors daughter?

Back