• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP ]What did GOF do to Gambling ?

surg23

Landlubber
I have yet to have more than one game of cards or bones after visiting over 9 different taverns. Every time i get an offer to play a tavern game they say "I've already lost the shirt off my back" and won't play a single game, no matter how much the bet.

IIRC in vanilla this was much less of an issue as they would only say that dialogue when they had actually Lost a game or two. I have fond memories of sitting down and playing many games in succession, but now i can't enjoy that anymore as it has become a tedious task just to find someone willing to play one stinking game with me. I came to the realization that this may have been implemented by GOF as a "Nerf" of sorts for exploiting tavern games. That's great but what about the people that actually enjoy playing the games and don't care about winning money ?

Can anyone explain this, or am i imagining this and/or is my game just spazzing out ? ... At any rate i am trying to hunt down the file that governs this. Thought it might be in scripts of Dialogues somewhere, if anyone knows where i might find it please throw me a bone.

As far as I know, the only thing GoF! changes in regards to card games were the card textures.

Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty setting ?, I am playing on Captain this time around. But i just can't seem to find anyone to play Tavern games with, which is really annoying.

I searched last night for about 4 hours straight for relevant files, which was pretty much an exercise in futility, since i have no idea what i'm looking for. But for what it's worth, i have a hunch that the tavern games code might be in: "COAS-GOF\Program\DIALOGS\russian\ Common_Tavern.c"

I would need to learn to program this game from the ground up to have any idea, something i fear i have no time for. But i know there are some here with that knowledge, perhaps one day, possibly 3 years from now, they will see this and help me.

Not sure I'm playing at Captain difficulty as well and I can play games at the tavern but I do not play there often or many games so I can't really confirm or deny if there is a problem. A higher difficulty changes many aspects that can not easily figure out so it's possible that the games at tavern are affected.

However the message they stop playing occurs to me sometimes but that is only if I won a couple of times, so that would be okay. Be carefull with adjusting game files by yourself some does not work some even might break your current career so it might be tricky.

Back