• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Serber

Anjin

Landlubber
Ahoy,
I came across this med sword from a treasure hunt but did not save afterwards and got shotdown. I had to sail and moor again but it was not there. I have looked for it in hopes to find it but with no luck. I collect swords as the maps and it is the only medium I am missing. In short, is there a sure way to come across it or is it totally random? I am at lvl. 40 and still no luck, anyone?

/EDIT
Oops, forgot to title it properly with the [HELP] description, my bad.

I am also a collector. I enjoy that aspect of the game. Also, Cerber is actually my favorite sword. It's not so historically correct, but I think it's just really beautiful and wicked looking and it's so fast.

Go into dungeons and fight lots of skeletons. Store up lots of potions so you can go in over and over again. The skeletons get progressively harder each time you turn around and go back into the same dungeon to face them again.

The loot is much better if you don't savescum and manage to get through a whole dungeon without dying. You should keep a save outside the cave entrance before you enter. If you do this you will find Cerber.

Keep in mind that after your second or third trip into the dungeon, that half of the skeletons will be armed with Cerbers...doesn't mean it will they will have them when you loot the bodies though. Usually one or two do have it, if you can kill them all without dying.

MK

Well, I tried to get it so many times, but nothing happened... I got in a cave more than ten times (some of them with officers, but most of them without) and no one droped it. Actually, no skeleton had it at all... Am I doing something wrong? (I am using the katana sword, level 32, and in some ocasions I used the Berserk ability.)

It's totally random, you're not doing anything wrong. :yes

If you have a loot of gold, maybe you can buy one if you see one for sale.

Surely Oliver Trust has a Cerber (last part of "Killing the beggars" quest). But you must repeat the killing of Oliver, because the drop of his Cerber is random.
There are also many Cerber in the part "The Spanish list" (Ascold quest). After the battle with the manowar, you go in the Inca temple: inside, on top, you battle with many soldiers, and some have the Cerber.

I've never seen a Cerber for sale until I'm above level 35 and then still rarely.

One thing on the caves - get the mission from the priest - the skeletons are always tougher and better armed from the priest mission than if you just keep going in over and over again without the mission.

So my advice is to get the cave mission from the priest and then save before you go into the caves. If you get through and don't get the Cerber, go back to the save and try again. I GUARANTEE you will get it this way.

Also I would put the katana away and use a different sword. For some reason I have noticed the loot isn't as good when I use that sword. Maybe its just in my head, but its stats are so good, that it might effect something.

MK

Thanks EVERYONE for answering!
I'll certainly do all of the options and post the results here.

Thanks for the fast answers and the support! It's nice to see that dispite the good work you're doing for the mods you answer peoples questions fast!

When it comes to this Game, I say just play it, it will come around to u. hehe
I was impatient once...

Well, I tried the church quest to kill the skeletons and it worked!

From the very first time, I saw two skeletons holding it!
(It was dropped at the third time.)

Still haven't seen it in stores.

Anyway, I'll try now to get from Oliver Trust.

Back